Can you believe it? Christmas is next week already! The holiday season always seems to whizz right by, doesn't it? If you're feeling like you've missed out on the festivities, don't fret - there's still enough time to make some last-minute baubles and bits. We've rounded up a few (well, not a few - 84 to be exact!) of our favorite DIY Christmas ornaments that you can definitely get finished this weekend, and enjoy for Christmases yet to come.
We've separated these DIY Christmas ornaments by theme, so there's sure to be a project for every taste and style. Keep scrolling!
What style of DIY Christmas ornaments are you using on your tree this year? Let us know in the comments!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Try this effective photo transfer technique for a personalized ornament.
2. Cute little car and a tree? Easy enough.
3. A classic to try: gingerbread dough ornaments!
4. Or try this alternative baking soda dough for a fluffier look.
5. A cute porcelain-looking wreath works as both an ornament and a gift-topper.
6. Hang a likeness of your favorite pooch with this tutorial.
7. Try this cute and simple mini snow globe (and make me one too, because gah! It's just so cute!).
8. This printed paper ornament is classic, yet unique.
9. How about an etching project this weekend?
10. You totally have time to make these quick and cute painted ornaments.
11. How cool is this mercury-glass lookalike? So vintage.
12. We think these gilded pinecones would look lovely on a tree.
13. And how about a likeness of you and your boo in this shadowbox?
14. A few natural clippings looks wonderful in a glass ornament.
15. Or go for the full-blown terrarium!
16. Check out these botanical temporary tattooed ornaments.
17. Or a more classic technique - decoupage.
18. Learn how to hang simple frosted pinecones.
19. These DIY Christmas ornaments preserve nature forever.
BRIGHT & FUN
20. Like bright? Check out these mod neons.
21. It doesn't get more fun than some confetti-filled, color dipped baubles.
22. Eye-spy a quick DIY!
23. Express yourself with some emoji ornaments.
24. These mischievous-looking stuffed elves would go great on your tree.
25. Easy color block ornaments.
26. These painted ornaments mimic stained glass!
27. A few felt rounds stitched together make for cute DIY Christmas ornaments.
28. These spray-painted color block baubles are so fun!
29. Try your hand and some painted patterns.
30. Or grab a marker for these simpler patterned ones.
31. These hand-painted wooden ornaments can be ready in a jiffy!
32. Break out your origami paper for this project.
GLAM + GLITZ
33. Hello! How glamorous is this easy diamond?
34. Glassy and glittery!
35. For the fanciest of trees, make a geode ornament.
36. A little gold leafing can add a magical tough to your tree.
37. Make these personalized monogram ornaments.
38. Or how about a cute lil' gemstone?
39. Loving these glamorous gold-dipped ornaments.
40. Try this super fast glitter-filled ornament.
41. Create faux metals to hang.
42. Add rhinestones to your ornaments for some bling!
43. This might be the cutest one on this DIY Christmas ornaments list.
44. This DIY snowman is kid-ready but also super cute.
46. I want to make a dozen of these hanging terrariums ASAP.
47. Art camp throwback! Make a few God's Eye DIY Christmas ornaments.
48. Add your favorite temporary tattoos to an ornament.
49. Melted peppermints in cookie cutters.
50. Check out these printable sewing cards your kids can hang with pride.
51. How about some old-school string art?
52. Your kids can't make these glitter animals all by themselves, but they'll probably be their biggest fans.
53. Fill an ornament with"snow!"
54. These painted trees are easy and fast.
55. What a combo! Pom-poms and pinecones.
56. Going for a clean look? Try these clay mountains.
57. Or these sillier Scrabble ornaments.
58. These geometric wire ornaments say, "Don't overthink it."
59. These look easy - use clay to make marbled ornaments.
60. Wood + string = unique gemstone ornaments.
61. I'm in love with how cleverly simple this wood wreath ornament is.
62. Woah! Leather ornaments? Now we're talkin' trendy.
63. Go for a deconstructed look with this tutorial for wood block ornaments.
64. These wood tassels would look cute on your minimalist tree.
65. Don't you just adore these watercolor baubles?
66. A little mud cloth merriment.
MOD + RETRO
67. Mod paper ornaments that can totally be done on the fly.
68. Getting strong retro vibes from these mid-century dipped baubles.
69. A sweet little scalloped edge adorns these DIY Christmas ornaments.
70. Rad! Honeycomb ornaments!
71. Absolutely want to make one of these kitsch ornaments.
72. Look at these fabric-covered trees!
74. High-gloss wood ornaments would go great on a kitschy tree.
75. These yarn-wrapped ornaments seem easy enough!
76. Paint wood ornaments to fit a more mod theme.
77. Cinnamon Himmeli ornaments that smell as good as they look!
78. Print a few Scandinavian ornaments to grace your greenery.
79. Himmeli is made easy in this tutorial for colorful geometric ornaments.
80. How cute are these Dala horses?
81. As cute as these pinecone gnomes??
82. Stack some felt to make these teeny trees.
83. Toothpicks + Washi tape = SUPER SIMPLE stars.
84. Finally on this DIY Christmas ornaments list - this crazy-cool idea for making raised patterns!
Looking for more than just DIY ornaments? Try this roundup of stylish Christmas decor!