When it comes to furnishing a child’s bedroom, IKEA has long been a go-to option for parents looking for affordable and versatile solutions. One standout piece that has captured the imagination of DIY enthusiasts and creative parents is the IKEA KURA bed frame.
This unique bed frame offers endless possibilities for customization, making it an excellent choice for all you DIY-ers. And even if you aren’t so handy, we have some easy cheats from Etsy to get you a custom look with little time.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the most inspiring and imaginative IKEA KURA bed hacks that can transform an ordinary bedroom into a magical space for your little one.
IKEA KURA Bed Decals and Curtains from Etsy
Etsy has loads of amazing options for customizing your Kura bed frame. Check out our collection of KURA favorites on Etsy.
Our Favorite IKEA KURA Hacks
From minimalist and Scandinavian-inspired aesthetics to vibrant and whimsical themes, the possibilities are endless with the reversible IKEA KURA bed frame. From bright and colorful to cozy and calming, we’ve curated a collection of stunning kids rooms from Instagram that are both practical and adorable.
- This KURA hack from @playsonpatterns is a cozy little retreat for your little ones! With a simple roofline and a enclosed top bunk they’ll never want to leave their room.
2. This simple wood panel with a circular cutout turns the lower level into the perfect snug little reading nook.
3. This example from @our_diy_renovations isn’t technically a KURA hack, but you could definitely get the same vibe with the KURA.
4. This mustard makeover paired with the accent wall scallops make this KURA hack unbelievably cute.
5. The perfect KURA hack for all those automobile loving kiddos out there! Turn your bed frame into a very cool VW playhouse, complete with working headlights.
6. The simple roof framing and fairy lights make this hack from @newswedishdesign a comfy option with a nightlight and extra space below built-in.
7. The ultimate sleepover solution with two Kura bed frames, side by side. Perfectly styled with the bed canopy and little IKEA bookshelves for the top bunks.
8. Bright and colorful! This design from @jessicagrant14 is a great example of what you can accomplish with just a little paint and a lot of creativity.
9. Turn your KURA bunkbed into a kids’ room climbing wall! Perfect for your active kiddos and still plenty of toy storage on the lower level.
10. The sweetest IKEA hack of them all! Complete with a deer cutout, rattan front panels, and a cozy curtain on the top bunk, this will be a DIY project your little ones love.
11. We love this curtained option from @minas_wohnwahn_. The background mural and fabric pennants really make it snug.
12. Jungle bunk bed! This one is more about styling and accessories than hacking, but it is absolutely perfect for the animal lovers and easy to pull together a similar look with a little wallpaper and the stuffed friends you probably already have hanging around.
13. The rattan front for this IKEA Kura bunk adds a little style and warmth to your basic IKEA frame.
14. Curtained and roofed, we love this sweet little option from @newswedishdesign. All you need is a few pieces of wood, a curtain rod and some fabric to make this look your own.
15. This stylish bunk rail will keep your little ones safely on the top bunk and hopefully discourage and leaps from great heights.
16. This calm and cozy space from @cozagraty will surely have your little ones to sleep in no time! Check out Etsy for loads of great wall mural options.
17. The slide! We love this double Kura hack with a roof and a slide – what could be more fun?!
18. The floral wallpaper stickers, roof, and curtain make this Kura bed just the sweetest little bed tent to spend your days and nights tucked in.
19. Another double Kura! We love how this option maximizes space and fun for twins or siblings.
20. The builder’s Kura hack, complete with stylish safety railings, stairs, and a bookshelf. We love the cozy reading nook tucked into the bottom there.
21. Another carpenter’s Kura hack, where these ambitious folks have turned this bed frame into an architectural marvel of sleep spaces and hideaways.
22. This simple and clean customized Kura toddler bed has nice little roof line curtain, the perfect safety railing to keep your little ones on the top bunk, and a wide custom ladder to one side.
23. This is a great pairing of the IKEA storage cubbies with the Kura frame to add a little extra storage for toys, clothes, or books to make use of all the available floor space.
24. It’s amazing what you can do with a basic bed. This room inspiration from @winnies_workshop combines a paneled front with curtains for the ultimate in toddler bedtime retreats.
25. Similar to the example above, this design from @styleandsugar adds paneling and curtains for these two bunks.
26. With this hack from @kuralove.de the circus will always be in town! Bright and festive this is sure to be a happy place in your home.
27. We’re loving this railing that follows the slanted ceiling line, adding a little extra safety and storage. The crash mats in the front are also a nice touch for all those little daredevils.
28. A simple solution for adding a little something extra to your basic Kura—build a little roof and drape it with large piece of fabric. You can also find these Kura roofs on Etsy if you want to save yourself a little woodworking.
29. Another rattan paneled frame from @tegan_jean pairs perfectly with the wall designs and decorations and goes to show you just need a little something extra to make a unique space.
30. This hot air balloon theme makes just a few simple modification to the basics Kura with paint and some dowels in place of the basic white paneling on the top bunk.