Hanging a mirror is a painless way to add depth and interest to a wall. Mirrors reflect light and movement in a room, they're eye-catching, and they can make a space appear bigger than it is. If you know us here at Curbly, you know we LOVE a good IKEA hack. Today we're reflecting (sorry!) on some of our favorite IKEA mirror hacks and transformations, all in uniquely awesome ways. Keep reading!
2. This IKEA mirror was hacked with rope and some eye hooks for a unique installation look. While this model mirror isn't sold at IKEA anymore, there are plenty of round mirrors to substitute.
3. A few small mirrors - like this thumbtack mirror hack - can completely bring a wall to life when grouped together. This project was made using a small craft mirror, an IKEA HEAT trivet, and a slew of silver thumbtacks.
4. This IKEA mirror hack goes back in time with an antiqued look. Believe it or not, to make this aged piece, you don't need a mirror! It all starts with a picture frame.
5. Add abstract interest to any IKEA mirror (or any glass, period!) by adding watered-down glass paint.
6. This one is less of an IKEA mirror hack, and more so inspiration. Check out how these HONEFOSS mirror tiles are hung (note: these mirror tiles aren't available in the US anymore, but you can purchase them on eBay).
7. More HONEFOSS tile inspiration! This time they're adding height and interest to a dark ceiling.
8. Check out this tutorial for transforming an IKEA floor mirror into a faux farmhouse window mirror (on the cheap!).
9. There's no need to limit reflection to walls only - check out this DIY mirrored secretary desk using a HEMNES secretary desk and some overlays. This treatment could be applied to all kinds of IKEA pieces, from nightstands to the back of shelving!
10. This IKEA vanity mirror hack was created by combining an IKEA mirror, and IKEA wall lights.
11. If you're forever chasing the perfect selfie, this IKEA mirror hack is for you.
12. This Mean Girls' inspired mirror would go great in your BFFs home.
13. Sure, this IKEA mirror hack may look expensive, but don't be fooled! This hack only cost a few dollars.
15. For a nautical look, this homeowner hung their IKEA mirror from rope. Ahoy!
16. And finally, this IKEA mirror got roped up for a fun rustic look.
Whether in your entryway, bedroom, or bathroom, a mirror makes a great addition to any space. And luckily for everyone, hacking a one-of-a-kind mirror is easy, thanks to IKEA. Happy crafting!