Christmas decor comes in a wide range of styles. Some decorations are cute, some are classy, and some are, well... I'll say it: ugly. Sadly a lot of do-it-yourself decorations can fall into this last category, but I'm here to tell you it doesn't have to be that way. I've found 81 examples of stylish Christmas decor that you can make yourself (and proudly display when you're done).
What's your favorite decor style for the holidays? Let us know in the comments!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. String pinecones together to make a simple, yet classic garland.
2. Learn how to dress up a cheap garland by using fake florals.
3. String greens and lights for a glowing, illuminated garland.
4. It's hard to go wrong with a classic wood bead garland, especially one as pretty as this.
5. Go minimal with this DIY Scandinavian garland.
6. This minimal tree garland goes against the grain by hanging vertically over the mantel.
7. How happy is this very merry garland?
8. This cinnamon Himmeli garland looks pretty AND smells great!
9. Go back to basics with a classic living evergreen garland.
10. Stylish Christmas decor doesn't need to be complicated. Just look at this sleek geometric garland!
11. These vintage string lights remind us of a Charlie Brown Christmas!
12. Create this cute string of bows for the holidays.
13. Learn how to make your own felted balls for this colorful garland.
14. This holly and ivy felt garland is just too sweet.
15. Learn how to make this over-the-top-cute mini house garland (it even has lights!).
16. Fa la la la la... Use air-dry clay to make cute clay lettering.
17. Follow this tutorial for a classic eucalyptus wreath.
18. I'm absolutely in love with this copper and twig wreath!
20. This minimal wreath mixes greenery with textiles for beautiful texture.
21. If you're looking for stylish Christmas decor that isn't complicated, this is the wreath for you.
22. Make this gorgeous holiday wreath that doesn't quite come full circle (and I'm okay with that).
23. Stick to the budget with this article on making foraged wreaths.
24. This moody wreath is just dripping with drama!
26. Try this classically stylish Christmas decor: a Swedish candle wreath.
27. I am seriously digging on the minimal Scandinavian feel this holiday season, and that includes this adorable Scandinavian wreath.
28. Looking for something more traditional? Learn how to make a classic holiday wreath here.
29. The holidays don't have to be all red and gold. Why not white?
30. Check out this stripped down version of the iconic door wreath.
31. Forget evergreen! How fun is this yarn wreath?
32. Okay, I'm audibly "aww-ing" over these mini wreaths. I'll take two dozen, please.
33. Style your table with Christmas classics using this easy centerpiece tutorial.
34. Go Nordic with a copper candle holder.
35. Or minimal with these painted bottle candle holders.
36. I just love birch, and these wooden vases are totally calling to me.
37. Stack evergreen in a cupcake stand for a unique look!
38. Uncomplicated, and still amazing - try this simple centerpiece with pomegranates.
39. Learn how to give pinecones an icy look for this centerpiece.
40. Mix the holly and the ivy (and more) here.
41. Learn how to fold origami trees.
42. I love the idea of mint green for the holidays (and these mini wooden trees are just killin' it).
44. Nothing says "Christmas" quite like candlelight - like what's happening with these cone trees.
45. Learn how to make tabletop trees from scraps.
46. Gotta love a gold nutcracker.
47. Basic shapes, modern colors - find the tutorial for these cork trees here.
48. How sweet are these little rustic felt trees?
49. This is a tutorial I could see myself getting wrapped up in!
51. Learn how to bleach bottle brush trees for a vintage look.
52. These Himmeli-inspired trees are simple and affordable to make on your own.
53. One look at this little DIY snow globe and I'm literally squealing.
54. I can't even handle how cute this car in a jar is.
55. Paint chip Christmas village? Genius (and cheap)!
56. Learn how to make splatter tabletop trees here.
57. This makeshift Christmas tree has all the feel of a tree, without the circumfernce.
58. No room for a tree? Try this small space hanging tree.
60. For the true minimalist, this plywood tree tutorial is here.
61. This modern triangle tree is a great way to fill up wall space!
61. Go super mod with a tree mobile.
62. Learn how to make a sweet little pegboard tree here.
63. This dowel tree is making me re-think getting a Christmas tree at all this year.
64. Instead of a full tree, try branches in large glass jars to save space.
65. Those branches don't even have to be green!
66. This tree is totally 2-D (and affordable to print thanks to a handy trick).
67. Are you a bigger fan of New Years? Just jump ahead and make this disco ball tree.
68. This yarn wall hanging is the kind of stylish Christmas decor you can leave up all winter long.
69. This quirky and cute felt wall hanging is a DIY worth checking out!
71. Talk about easy - this tree is made from washi tape!
72. Using bleach you can create a minimal wall hanging like this one!
73. Can you believe this wall hanging was made by a kid? Well, the fingerprints, anyway.
74. These banners could grace my walls any day.
75. It's written in the stars!
76. Put all your tiny pieces on display in this modern shelf.
77. Learn how to make your own temporary wall decals for the holidays.
78. Christmas cards can sometimes look like clutter, but not when hanging in this gorgeous DIY display.
79. Hang cards from a picture frame, too!
80. These marquee trees are lighting up my life right now.
81. And finally on this list of stylish Christmas decor... who wants to make me one of these stunning marquee trees for my fireplace?
Still haven't had your fill of stylish Christmas decor? Check out these 10 unique ways to decorate your tree!