This little kitchen was the remaining evidence of an attempted house flip gone bad. The old home had great bones, but a few serious structural issues, discovered once the previous owner/flipper opened up all the old walls. The kitchen became too much for them to handle, and that's when we stepped in.
When we found the house, we knew most of the renovation budget would go behind the walls (plumbing, electrical, structural repairs), so the kitchen finishes would have to happen on a serious budget. As you can see, this space would need everything, from the floors up. We planned on renting this home, but I always believe in making things as homey and cute as possible. We stuck to our budget by going with stock cabinets, stock countertops, vinyl floors while keeping things bright and functional. And, if I may say so myself, I think it turned out great! Read on to see how we did it.