We're fully on board with Galentine's Day and we whipped up a sweet and simple DIY project you can complete in a matter of hours. Start brainstorming nicknames for your dynamic duo, your terrific trio, and your fantastic foursome, because once you start this project, you won't want to stop.
Even if Valentine's Day isn't your thing, flowers should be. And if Valentine's Day is your thing (it's definitely mine), then you're going to love this DIY project. We put together a simple way to present your blossoms to your boo, your bestie, or your bae. And, we've added a few free! printable! adornments you can add to your bouquet. Read on to find out how.
I love a good interactive greeting card and scratch-off cards are amongst my favourites. It's so much fun watching the suspense and surprise on your loved one's face when they get a card that asks them to scratch off key parts to reveal a gift; I think it speaks to the little kid in all of us don't you? :)
When I was a kid, I remember going to visit this tiny hobby store in the city where both my parents worked. I have two brothers, and when we would all visit this store, we would immediately go separate ways. My older brother was always drawn to the model cars, my little brother would beeline to the Thomas the Tank Engine toys, and I was obsessed with the paint-by-number kits. Specifically - the ones featuring... horses.
While my days of horse-loving are well over, I still think this throwback hobby is pretty nifty (and certainly nostalgic). For Valentines Day, I thought it might be sweet to make a DIY paint-by-number kit from a photo of me and my boo - keep reading to see how you can, too!
Hello, and happy Valentine's Day! Okay, it's not quite the big day yet, but February 14th is just weeks away, and I'm totally ready to celebrate. Ever since the Christmas holiday ended, I've been itching for an excuse to decorate, party, craft - whatever! I wanted to make some cards featuring some of my favorite gals throughout history (some are good, some are bad!), and the captions kind of wrote themselves after that. Click through for these printable valentines!
It's that time of year where you scour shops for the perfect gift for the guy in your life. You want something that will make him "ooh" and "ahh," or smile and chuckle. We know coming up with gift ideas for men can be tough. Lots of guys aren't willing (or able) to tell you what they really want. And thinking of holiday or birthday gifts for men that are really unique can feel overwhelming.
We've taken out a lot of the work and rounded up the coolest gifts for men from around the web! From tools to gourmet food kits to wooden cuff links, there's something for every man on your list. Here are our favorite gifts for men, in varying price points (and from a variety of shops). We've also included a bunch of DIY gifts - cool ideas you can make yourself!
If you scroll down this page, you'll find we've done hours of research looking for the best holiday gifts, birthday gifts, and DIY ideas.
Valentine's Day is almost here! The older I get, the more sentimental I become - meaning I really enjoy February 14th. I understand that it's a silly holiday, but it feels sillier to hate on a holiday that's all about love. That being said, I don't think it's necessary to spend a gross amount of money on dinner, flowers, and gifts in order to have a great time with your partner. The whole fancy dinner thing is a little played out. There are far better ways to celebrate love and make memories with your significant other. Here are 82 different date ideas that don't involve making last-minute dinner reservations.
1. Go out for breakfast: Get up a few hours before work and go grab an early breakfast. Pro: You'll be able to watch the sunrise together. How romantic!
2. Grab lunch together: Take a long work break and meet up for lunch. This is one of those date ideas that is great for parents with kids, because there's all the benefit of eating out with no need for a babysitter!
3. Order in: Going out on Valentine's Day is stressful. Instead, order in, light some candles, and pour the wine for your own private date.
4. Have a personal pan pizza party: Get the ingredients the day before, and have fun making unique creations together with your boo.
5. Take a cooking class: All the fun of cooking something together, none of the clean-up.
6. Decorate cookies: Create sweet works of art with your sweet work of art.
7. Make food for those who are less fortunate than you: I did this in college, and it's one of my favorite date ideas ever. Bake a bunch of sweets and deliver them to your local soup kitchen or homeless shelter (be sure to check ahead with them for any regulations or rules about food).
8. Cook a brunch buffet together: Everyone loves breakfast food (and if they don't - why are you dating them??). Wake up late (this is one of those date ideas that you might have to wait until the weekend for) and cook up a feast together. Don't forget the mimosas!
9. Cook something completely new: Never tried Indian food before? Tonight is the night, my friend. Grab the ingredients ahead of time so you're not rushing around night-of. Remember: it's not about the end result, it's about the experience.
10. Pack a picnic: Make some sandwiches, pack some fruit, and eat outside. Even if you don't make it farther than your backyard, food always tastes better outdoors.
11. Go to a local brewery: If you're looking for a laid-back way to spend the evening together.
12. Visit a beer garden: The best part about beer gardens is that they're usually dog-friendly, so puppy love will already be in the air.
13. Go to a wine tasting: This is one of those date ideas that you'll probably have to book in advance since it's a popular option!
14. Go to a liquor tasting: Like wine tasting, but on expert mode.
15. Have an in-home wine tasting: Why go out for wine when you can wine in? Buy a few bottles you've both been wanting to try, and have a sampling party from the comfort of your sofa. Bonus - no need to call an Uber!
16. Have an in-home cheese tasting: Not looking to get wasted in the middle of the week? Pick up a few fancy cheeses and a box of your favorite crackers, and have an in-home feast. Pair with apples and honey if you're feeling extra fancy.
17. Try a new coffee shop: Date ideas involving coffee? Count me in!Have a caffeinated date together, and try a new place you haven't been before. Put your phone down and learn something new about your partner.
18. Go to a tea house: Want the perks of a coffee date without the perkiness of caffeine? Take your date to a tea room instead.
19. Share a sundae: Ice cream is always a winner, even in the middle of February. Trust me.
20. Go for a hike in the woods: Connect with your lover in the the serene solitude of nature. Don't get lost.
21. Go for a walk in the park: City dweller? Take a stroll around your local park instead. Try and find a new park you've never been to.
22. Take the dog on a long walk: Bring along the furrier members of your family as you walk hand-in-hand.
23. Watch the sunrise: Grab a blanket and take your morning coffee to-go. Cuddle up and watch the sky turn from dark to light.
24. Watch the sunset: Not a morning person? No problem. Watching the sun set is as nice as watching it rise.
25. Go camping: If you don't feel like traveling far from home, pitch a tent in the backyard for a romantic night under the stars.
26. Visit a botanical garden: This one is great if it's cold where you are but you miss being in nature. Most botanical gardens have big, beautiful greenhouses for you to wander through.
27. Go fruit picking: If it's warm enough where you are, you might be able to pick a few berries. Sweet!
28. Go snow shoeing / cross-country skiing: If it's cold enough where you are, take a trek through the snowy wilderness.
29. Go sledding: Don't forget to bring (spiked) hot cocoa!
30. Visit local estate / garage sales: Do a little digging with your significant other. Even if you don't find anything, it's about the time spent together (you will probably have to wait until the weekend for this idea).
31. Go to the beach / coast: Take your lover on a road-trip to the nearest large body of water. Even if it's sundown, the waters will still be mysteriously romantic.
32. Fly a kite: Get blown away together.
33. Go to the farmer's market: Wandering through produce is more romantic than you might be imagining. Don't forget to pick up a fresh bouquet of flowers!
34. Go to the movies: It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than going out to dinner on Valentine's day! Plus, how romantic is cuddling in the dark?
35. Go to the movies (at home): Microwave some popcorn, pick up your favorite theater sweet (mine are Junior Mints), cuddle up on the couch, and put on a scary flick. For a real in-theater experience, turn off your phones!
36. Go to a stand-up show: Don't you just love laughing with your partner?
37. Do karaoke: One of the classic date ideas. Even if you're both bad, it's still good.
38. Go to a play: You might have to do a little digging to find a play in your area, but it will definitely be a unique, memorable date.
39. Take an art / calligraphy class: Learning a new skill is more fun when you're with the one you love. Plus, a lot of painting classes are wine-friendly.
40. Go to an art museum: You're a cultured couple. Take a stroll through the paintings and sculpture.
41. Go to a science museum: Not just for fourth graders!
42. Go to the aquarium: Also not just for kids. Watching fish is surprisingly soothing.
43. See a live show: Even if the musician isn't good, a live show is always thrilling.
44. Go to an arcade: Grab your quarters and battle it out with bae. Adult-only arcades are popping up everywhere, so there's a good chance you can share a beer while you play Mortal Kombat.
45. Visit a pool hall: It's definitely the sexiest sport you can play, even if you are a little rusty.
46. Attend a sporting event: Go sports!
47. Go to an animal refuge: Visit with the animals, get out in nature. Appreciate what you have.
48. Do an Escape Room: This is a good date if neither you nor your partner are the overly-competitive type. And if you're not claustrophobic.
49. Go to a trivia night: Flex your brain muscle! Show off your smarts!
50. Go to a roller rink: When was the last time you went skating? I went a few months ago, and it is just as fun as it was when I was in middle school!
51. Go ice skating: Still frozen where you live? Go ice skating instead. Pro: You'll have to cuddle more if the rink is outdoors.
52. Do a yoga class together: Connect with your partner through some deep stretching exercises. Namasté.
53. Play disc golf: Put on your sneakers for this one, because disc golf courses usually require a lot of walking! It's like playing golf, but with a frisbee, making it a sport that pretty much anyone can play.
54. Go bowling: Nothing says "romance" like wearing shoes a stranger has previously sweat in. But seriously, this is one of the classic date ideas. You'll have fun!
55. Go rock climbing: Get sweaty with your boyfriend or girlfriend, and work on your trust as you belay each other up the wall.
56. Go kayaking / canoeing: Rent or borrow a two-seater and take a relaxing row around the lake.
57. Go for a bike ride: Bonus points if your end destination is an ice cream shop!
58. Rent a tandem bike: This is one of those date ideas that requires a bit of research, but you could look into renting a bike for two. How cute would that be?
59. Go to a driving range: Get swingin'.
60. Play putt-putt golf: Get (mini) swingin'.
61. Go go-carting: Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition to celebrate your love.
62. Play laser tag: You'll need to round up some of your couples friends for this one, but laser tag is just as fun as you remember it being when you were a kid!
63. Do a photo shoot together: You don't need fancy cameras, but you always need a new profile pic! Get silly and have fun getting to know your partner better.
64. Get professional photos taken: Take the previous date idea a step further. Get gussied up and have your photos taken, just because.
65. Recreate your first date: Depending on what your first date was, this one might take a little pre-planning, but oh, the memories!
66. Make a time capsule of your love: Write love letters, print some photos, and pack away anything else that reminds you of each others' affections. Open the capsule on a future Valentine's day.
67. Go to your local library: You'll have to whisper the whole time, but that's half the fun.
68. Get a couples massage: Make sure to book this date in advance!
69. Give each other massages: Can't afford a full body massage? Turn your home into a spa by taking turns giving massages (don't forget to light some candles and put on soothing music!).
70. Have an in-home spa treatment: Do some face masks, buff each other's nails, soak your feet together - basically just pamper each other in love.
71. Take a bath together: Light some candles, put on some Enya, and have a soak.
72. Take a shower together: Bathtub too small? Try simply taking a shower together.
73.Visit a salt room:Salt therapy is all the rage, go check it out for yourself!
74. Learn a new skill on YouTube: The internet is a wealth of knowledge. Pick something neither of you know anything about (playing guitar, speaking Japanese, paper mâché, etc.), watch a few videos, and take a stab at it together.
75. Put together a puzzle: Clear the dining room table! Put on a podcast and have fun working together... for hours...
76. Have a game night: Break out your favorite board game - as long as it isn't Monopoly. No one is happy at the end of Monopoly.
77. Make a bonfire: It's a bit of work to build, but nothing beats sitting in front of a cozy fire with the one you love. Bring marshmallows, too!
78. Go for a horseback ride: This will take a little planning ahead, but you can have your own knight ride in on a white horse. Or, at least, your boyfriend trotting next to you on a probably brown horse.
79. Go for a horse carriage ride: One of the more classic date ideas - talk about romance!
80. Get your fortune read: Figure out what the future holds for you and your partner.
81. Make a vision board: Speaking of the future - put out good intentions for you and yours by making a vision board.
82. Built a blanket fort: Bonus points if you hang twinkly lights inside.
Any good Valentine's Day date ideas that I missed? What are you up to on February 14th? Leave me a comment!
The holiday of love is coming up, and you know how much we love a simple homemade gift! Since Valentine's Day can be a high-cost holiday, it's the perfect time to take the DIY route and gift cute printable valentines your sweetheart will really appreciate. Whether you're giving valentines to your S.O. or your friends, they'll appreciate the homemade touch. Plus, if I'm being honest, these 25 free printable valentines blow store-bought cards...
With both Valentine's Day and Galentine's Day coming up, my house was in need of a little heart-filled holiday cheer. Valentine's Day can be a great day for a party celebrating love or just as an excuse to get a few friends together, and one thing every party needs is a photo backdrop! This giant heart-shaped balloon display is easy to make on any wall to add a pop of pink or red and make the perfect appearance in the backdrop of your photos.
Happy February to all! I still catch myself asking what the date is because I feel like January just happened in a blink of an eye - am I right? Which basically means Valentine's day is going to be here in no time! And I'm super pumped about it this year because we are celebrating a very special evening with all my gal pals for a Boho Valentine's night out! To me, this holiday is meant to really appreciate the ones you love. And guys, that...
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, which means we have another great excuse to decorate our mantels (as if we even need an excuse!). Today I'm sharing an easy mantel setup using x's and o's... and lots of 'em. Click through to find out how to make the different elements of this fun display.
Not everyone has the time (or patience!) to shop for Valentine's Day. And while store-bought gifts are 100% a-okay, adding even the smallest personal touch will go a long with the gift recipient. If you find yourself scrambling for a gift on February 13th, don't sweat it! Try on one of these cool and simple last-minute gift ideas! BONUS: they don't feel last-minute at all!
I don't know about you, but in light of current events, I'm feeling an abundance of gratitude for the women in my world. The future is indeed female, and when ladies come together, remarkable things happen.
What better way to celebrate sisterhood than to treat your tribe to a Galentine's Day gift? I've rounded up my favorite gifts to give to your best friends, as well as a couple easy, meaningful DIYs you can create with your own two hands.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and gone are the elementary school days when you wrote a secret note on those Batman valentines! Whether you are ultra-prepared or scrambling for gifts on February 14th, we've rounded up some of the prettiest printables around and they've all got a brush-lettered flair! There's sure to be one that suits your fancy!
1. Give these sweet lettered beauties to a multitude of pals! Get the download from Speak Glitter!
2. I'm definitely crushing on these pastel valentines! Get the download from The Lovely Drawer!
3. Print out an entire suite of fun labels for Valentine's Day! Get the download from World Label!
4. These gift tags and printable valentines look great on anything! Place one on all of your boxes and bags this Valentine's Day! Get the download from Printable Crush!
5. These DIY body scrubs are the perfect gift for gal pals this year. Top them off with these cute scrub-themed labels! Get the download from Idle Hands Awake!
6. Print out these gorgeous watercolor print for your home, office, or print a bunch for friends and loved ones! Get the download from Holiday Printables!
7. Having a Galentine's party? These favors come with a cute lettered iron-on! Get the download from The Blondielocks!
8. Choose from three beautiful designs to print out little cards for your crush! Get the downloads from The Sweetest Digs!
9. The eyes have it! We know that eyes are on trend and these printable valentine's totally keep with the theme! Get the download from PROPER!
10. Be the coolest with these printable rap lyric valentines. Get the download from Almost Makes Perfect!
11. The perfect addition to some chocolate-dipped spoons! Get the download from A Joyful Riot!
12. Send something to everyone this year with these mini cards and envelopes! Get the download from Wonderwood!
13. Tell your crush how you feel with a bunch of gumballs and this "Eye Like You" print! Get the download from PROPER!
14. These lettered cards are about as simple and sweet as they come! Get the download from A Fabulous Fete!
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's time to start making plans. Nothing screams Valentine's Day quite like conversation hearts. They're colorful, they're graphic, and they say something (sorta) meaningful in ten characters or less. But, they taste kinda icky, so this year, I'm combing the classic conversation heart with something we all actually want to eat: chocolate.