We're kicking the gift giving season off with a roundup of some of our favorite hand-crafted items for guys! In an effort to encourage "shopping small" this holiday season and supporting our fellow makers, each product featured is handmade by independent Etsy shop artisans. Enjoy!
Valentine's Day is coming up quickly, and it's a common opinion that most men are difficult to buy for... so why not make a thoughtful gift for him instead? Here are ten of our very favorite DIY gifts from around the web for that special guy in your life.
String lights are my favorite things to make anything magical. This DIY project adds a little Valentine's flare to the common discount store light using ping pong balls. Whether you string these up in your home or use them as a centerpiece on your table, these string lights might be the easiest, and loveliest, DIY you'll ever do.
We covered the guys last week. Today we're turning our attention to the ladies. Although, I'm guessing there are a lot of guys out there that would love some of the things on this list as much as some of the ladies out there would love some of the things on the guys' list--okay, maybe not the beard oil, but I digress. So, read on and make your must-make list, because Valentine's Day is going to be here before you know it.
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, which means it's time to think about Valentine's Day cards. Hand made, of course. These 10 options take the guesswork out of the undertaking. Super clever, super easy, super adorbs, they're sure to win a few hearts.
1. First we'll start with the kiddos. For their school mates, it doesn't get much better than this fishbowl card from Bliss Bloom Blog. And, yes, Bliss Bloom offers a free download for the bowl and text part.
2. Rolls of Smarties (or, if you're Canadian, Rockets candies), some washi tape and this free download from 733 Blog and you're ready to go to make these sweet sentiments:
3. These washi tape cards from A Step in the Journey couldn't be cuter or easier to make.
4. Speaking of washi tape, this idea from No Biggie would take seconds to whip out.
5. We're suckers for googlie eyes around here, so these google-eyed-in-love hearts from Paper Source won ours. Hearts that is, not google eyes.
6. If you have a some stamps and ink pad--or a steady hand--and some old paint chips, these Valentine's Day cards would be PERFECT for your fellow fan of Curbly or DIY in general. The idea comes from Jodi Kahn picked up at Country Living.
7. This next idea comes from Real Simple, and although it features a King of Hearts playing card, the idea could use other cards as well, with a little tweaking, of course. Queen of Hearts = "Queen of My Heart". Ace of Hearts = "You're Aces". Two of any cards = "We're 2 of a Kind". You get the idea.
8. A red balloon heart used to make a Valentine's Day card?? You had us at "balloon". Visit A Pretty Cool Life for all the details.
9. These clothespin love arrows aren't traditional Valentines, but imagine them clipped to unexpected places Valentine's morning! On a vanity mirror, a lampshade, on the edge of your sweetie's coffee cup...just about anywhere you'd like to share the love. Darling!! I Gotta Create tells us how to make them.
10. And, finally this last minute, no excuses Valentine from Botanical Paper Works. Grab some colorful paper, cut out a heart, write a sweet message on it and slip it into a dinner fork. Love!
Those are just some of our favorite DIYs this season of love. For many more Valentine's Day projects, gift ideas and inspiration, click here!
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and, thanks to Carmia's matchbox cover printables, we can combine our mushy sentiments with treats in the most adorable way. All we need to make them is empty matchboxes (you can find them on Amazon), sticky tape, printer paper
A bunch of years ago I wrote a roundup of 20+ Inexpensive DIY Gift Baskets Ideas We Love, and apparently, you love them too, because the article still gets plenty of viewing action. Although we STILL love those ideas, we thought it might be time to expand on the idea. As mentioned in the original post, gift baskets are great to receive, but giving them can be surprisingly expensive. Pick a basket, add a little of this and a little of that,...
Not everybody is hand-dipping strawberries in chocolate tomorrow for their sweetie-pies. Mine's not a fan anyway. He'd rather sample PF Chang's Hot and Spicy Menu for Two. "What's that," you ask? It's a selection of dishes such as things like Flaming Pork Wontons--all for $45 now through the February 15, 2015. PF Chang's is only one of 14 restaurants on this list
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, but have no fear my fellow procrastinators - there's still time to make something fantastic for your loved ones. Keep reading to check out ten of our favorite last minute DIY Valentine's Day gift ideas.
Dump the chocolates and cheap flowers this year and go for something totally unique: a neon sign that proclaims just how you feel!
This morning it hit me... Valentine's Day is only a couple weeks away! It's always a good excuse to pair red with pink and eat lots of candy. And it's also a great reason to do some crafting! So I've rounded up ten of my favorite Valentine's Day-themed DIY projects.
When I was a kid, I LOVED Valentine's Day for a lot of reasons. One, we made Valentine Boxes which meant I could bust out red, pink, and white construction paper, and tons of glitter. Two, going to the store and picking out the most glittery box of Valentines cards I could find. (I liked glitter. Still do.) Three, finding the most mushy card in the box to give my current crush. Four, opening all the cards I got from the other kids and hoping my crush gave me an equally mushy card. I think my fond memories
I usually switch out our throw pillows every Spring and Fall, but I'm seriously considering switching them out every holiday starting with Valentine's Day! This pillow project is perfect to help you give your couch or bed a little love!
We're kicking off holiday gift guides today with some DIY gift ideas for the men in your life. I swear, guys always seem a little bit more tricky to make gifts for, but these homemade gift projects are too cool not to try. So, here are fourteen of my favorite awesome gifts to make for men this holiday season.