Ikea is known as the place to go for affordable furniture and home decor, and one of its most iconic and versatile pieces is the Billy bookcase. With its simple design and easily customizable features, the Billy bookcase provides endless DIY possibilities for transforming any space.
In this blog post, we’re sharing fun and creative hacks for your Ikea Billy bookshelves that will help you showcase your personal style and maximize storage or create a unique place for displaying your mementos and treasures.
- Why spend thousands on built-ins when you can create your own with Billy bookcases? @thesommerhome did just that in her home!
2. The doors added to these Billy bookcases hide the storage and create a fresh, clean feeling for these closets.
3. With a new coat of paint, custom doors, beadboard, and glass panels, you’d never know this glass cabinet is an IKEA Billy makeover.
4. If you don’t have a pantry, a Billy bookcase makes the perfect “open” butler’s pantry that extends right to the ceiling. It’s a great way to display pretty ingredients and dishes.
5. It may look like a high-end cabinet, but this pretty black cabinet is an excellent example of a Billy hack that doesn’t require much more than a paint brush or roller.
6. Billy hacks don’t need to be complicated! @bethlairdcreative transformed this Billy bookcase by adding trim to the top and new door handles.
7. A deep shade of forest green paint converts these Billy bookcases into a cozy reading nook and an easy DIY project.
8. We love this genius pairing of IKEA Billy bookcases and a Besta TV cabinet to create mudroom storage. Perfect for kids jackets and accessories.
9. It’s hard to believe this stunning built-in was created with a couple of Billy shelves and some scrap wood, adding tons of extra storage space to this dining room.
10. This custom vanity looks expensive, but it’s actually flanked by Billy bookcases.
11. The arches added to these Billys make them look like a built-in bookcase made just for this house. Definitely one of the best IKEA Billy bookcase hacks we’ve seen. Nail gun and saw required!
12. Billy bookcases are a stylish and functional way to organize a small bedroom, like this one from @househomemade.
13. We are swooning over this Billy bookcase transformation.
14. You’ll always be able to find your shoes with this Billy hack from @upbeatsoles.
15. We love how @lambertslately used Billys and fun, colorful bins to organize her playroom.
16. Being bold with color and texture really helps Billys stand out, like these ones that @clairedouglasstyling customized.
17. Billy bookcases painted with a coat of bold blue paint make a beautiful library wall in this living room!
18. Alcove shelving can be very expensive, but not when you create it with IKEA Billy shelving. All that’s left is a little library ladder to complete the look!
19. The library of our dreams was built with Billy bookcases and a little crown molding.
20. It may be unconventional, but this IKEA Billy Hack from @cottage_by_the_seaside used bookcases to make the perfect garden bed!
Hopefully you’ve found the inspiration you’re looking for, but if you’re looking for more check out the Curbly IKEA Hacks board on Pinterest!