The IKEA IVAR cabinets are a versatile and customizable storage solution that has been a favorite among IKEA enthusiasts for years. These cabinets are a classic because of their simple, minimalist design and sturdy construction, making them a popular choice for DIYers .
One of the standout features of the IVAR cabinets is their modularity. You can mix and match different cabinet sizes and components to create a storage solution that perfectly fits your space. Whether you need a small cabinet for a compact room or a large, multi-unit setup for an extensive storage project, IVAR has you covered.
The IVAR cabinets are made from solid pine wood, which not only adds to their durability but also allows you to personalize them to match your decor. You can choose to leave them in their natural wood finish for a rustic look or paint them.
The cabinets also have adjustable shelves, giving you the flexibility to store various items, from books and kitchenware to clothing and office supplies.
One of the key selling points of the IVAR series is its affordability. IKEA is well-known for offering functional and budget-friendly furniture solutions, and the IVAR cabinets are no exception. They provide excellent value for money, especially considering their adaptability and durability.
Let’s delve into IKEA IVAR cabinet hacks, where you’ll find ideas for revamping this simple piece of IKEA furniture into a completely customized piece of furniture.
Whether you’re a seasoned DIY enthusiast or you’re brand new to repurposing furniture, we’ve collected a variety of hacks that anyone of any skill level can try!
IKEA IVAR Hacks
1. This makeshift loft is created with not one but three IVAR cabinets, making it the perfect place to store toys, clothes, and more!
2. It’s easy to make IVAR cabinets “your own” by adding unique elements like these bright orange furniture legs.
3. The raw wood that makes up IVAR units creates the perfect canvas for adding embellishments like this geometric design (psst…that design is created with metallic bronze tape!)
4. You can easily add extra storage space to your home by stacking IVAR cabinets.
5. The nice thing about raw wood is that it can easily be transformed with wood stain to create a new look, like this row of beautifully stained IVAR cabinets.
6. Like this bold red, a fresh coat of paint on the inside of the cabinet creates a unique personalized statement piece that can match any home’s decor.
7. Talk about a bold statement piece! This IVAR cabinet was covered with gold foil, giving it a high-end look that is a completely different look than the original.
8. Overlays, like these wooden monstera leaf cutouts, are a fun way to transform your IVAR cabinet into something truly unique!
9. Add a slab of countertop material like marble, granite, wood, butcher block, etc., and you can easily transform your IVAR cabinets into a functional workspace.
10. All you need is a few tools and supplies to transform your IVAR cabinet into a beautiful piece perfect for any boho-chic space.
11. Removing a door from the IVAR cabinet is a super simple hack that can turn it into a functional and stylish piece.
12. This bright, mint-blue cabinet is a serious stunner and a fun way to store everything you need to whip up some tasty cocktails for friends!
13. This IVAR cabinet hack keeps the computer out of sight but also easily accessible in a stylish way.
14. A coat of paint on IVAR cabinets is a simple way to spice up the storage in your home office or craft room.
15. Why use a traditional changing table when you can create a beautiful one with IVAR cabinets? Not only do the cabinets provide plenty of space for storing diapers and other essentials, but they also create a table large enough for changing the baby too.
16. Kitchen remodels are expensive. Save money on upper cabinets in your kitchen by mounting IKEA IVAR cabinets to the wall.
17. And IVAR cabinets make the perfect lower kitchen cabinets, too!
18. Open cabinets and shelving can look cluttered; IVAR cabinets are the perfect, organized solution. They store everything away and out of sight! Adding a coat of paint, like pink, can make them a fun addition to a kid’s room or playroom.
19. Wallpaper is a super easy way to add fun patterns to your IVAR cabinets; no painting or creative talent needed!
20. If you’re feeling crafty, decoupage and chalk paint can transform IVAR cabinets into a true work of art.
21. We love the robin blue and natural wood handles in this customized IVAR entryway cabinet.