Flooring can be expensive. And hiring someone to install flooring can be even pricier. So why not get creative and try doing it yourself? There are plenty of DIY-able floor treatments out there that can really add some pizzazz to your space. Check 'em out!
1. Learn how to stain a tired old concrete floor over on HGTV.com. [Photo: Pin Your Home]
2. Would you believe it if I told you these floors were made from recycled brown paper bags? Well, believe it. And find out how to do it here. [Photo: Lovely Crafty Home]
3. Try painting colorful stripes in an interesting pattern. [Photo: Edison Avenue]
4. Use stencils to create an eye-catching kitchen design. Check it out here. [Photo: Jessica Davis]
5. Don't throw out those wine corks! Make a floor out of them instead. Don't have enough corks? They aren't pricey! [Photo: Phoenix Commotion]
6. Find out how Rachel used paper to achieve this bright, happy look in her bathroom here. [Photo: Lazy Cozy]
7. Another variation of stripes - paint them wider, and let the existing wood show through. [Photo: Orange Beautiful]
8. Use pennies to create a beautiful matallic look. Okay, so this one might not be quite as cost effective! Find out how to do it yourself over on eHow. [Photo: Chime In]
9. Use leftover scrap marble to achieve a more organic floor finish. Check out the instructions here. [Photo: WikiHow]
10. Decoupage your floor using, well - ANYTHING! Read about this technique here. [Photo: Phoenix Commotion]
BONUS: Paint your tile! Check out this tutorial.