Hardwood floors can be a wow factor in a home. These stunning hardwood floors not only use unconventional hardwood flooring materials, but also most of these floors are completely DIYable. Could one of these affordable flooring projects be the inspiration for you next wood floor project? 1. The above floors are plywood boards cut to planks and stained to different colors.
2. I love how the above pallet floor was laid in a square pattern starting in the middle of the room. Check out how it was done here.
3. This live-edge black walnut floor from Real Antique wood is stunning. This was installed by a flooring company but the world is waiting for the DIY version of this. Could it be from you?
4. Mandi from Vintage Revivlas used pineboard hand cut to make a patterned floor in the her camper makeover. See how she did it here.
5. Jenny from Little Green Notebook bought plywood sheets from Home Depot and had them cut down to wide planks. She installed it and put a light whitewash over the wood. Check out the details here.
6. This floor was laid using slices of logs. It is beautiful how they piece it all together.
7. Here is the DIY version of using log slices for wood floors. Cordwood Construction used sanded grout to fill the gaps. Check out how they did it here.
8. This tiled wood floor is from the ends of wooden boards. Cartolina installed this end grain wood tile floor in their studio. Check out the process here.
9. Cami from Tidbits took the Shiplap trend and put it on the floor with a light white wash. Instead of cutting plywood she literally bought wood that is grooved and used for shiplap walls. Check out how she did it here.
10. This bedroom floor in a loft apartment by 403architecture is completely made out of scrapwood. It is sanded down for a smooth surface. The color and pattern variation make it stunning and unique.
Want more flooring ideas? How about lineoluem floors? Check out this Curbly post for more inspiration.