Our master bathroom vanity is ugly, awkward and has terrible hardware. However, like most home improvements, a bathroom remodel would open up an expensive can of worms. But then I saw this little inexpensive transformation which blew me away and has me thinking.
Obviously, the most arduous part of this makeover is painting the vanity.
Here are Centsational Girl's six steps to a sophisticated do over.
1) Remove all hardware and cabinet doors. Usually I remove the drawer fronts too, but this time I taped off the edges and refinished them in place.
2) Tape off your walls, countertops, and flooring with painter’s tape.
3) Clean all parts of the cabinetry and lightly sand with medium grit sanding wedge (80 – 120) to remove any debris. Wipe clean.
5) Paint with two coats of either a) oil based paint in semi-gloss, or b) latex paint specialty designed for bathrooms. Use a paint conditioner and high quality brush like I mentioned here to minimize brush stokes.
6) Reattach doors, drawer fronts and hardware.
She has a followup Q &A section here to give you more specifics. I don't know about you but I think this one is worth bookmarking.
For more inspiring bathroom inspiration, check these out: