Having lived in apartments for several years, I've learned how to optimize the storage in small spaces, especially in the bathroom. In our last apartment, we did not have a medicine cabinet, and the under-sink storage was very narrow. Nonetheless, there are so many great products out there for organizing small bathrooms, and these are the must-haves for optimizing your space!
1. No drawers? Use containers like these stackable bins from IKEA to create easy-to-access organization.
2. See-through glass shelves like these thin ones from IKEA are great for adding shelf space while keeping the small space feeling open.
3. Sometimes the biggest space is under the sink, but what do you do with such a wide, seemingly unusable space? These under sink shelves are adjustable and perfect for making the most of that weird space.
4. Again, if you don't have drawers, you can make them! Add these mesh drawers in any cabinet to create drawer space.
5. When you have too much makeup and not enough space, using a makeup organizer can help you organize the clutter. This clear acrylic one helps organize your makeup and keep the space feeling clean and open. Plus, it comes in multiple sizes!
6. Take advantage of the empty space above a toilet by inserting an over-the-toilet shelving unit to hold extra towels, toiletries, etc.
7. When you have a lot of stuff but no space, it can be difficult to store the main items you use every day. Try storing bathroom items on a rolling cart like this thin one from IKEA to easily move your must-have bathroom items in and out from your bedroom or hallway.
8. Hang one of these over-the-cabinet baskets to create a little extra space inside of a cabinet, perfect for holding cleaning supplies and anything else you need to grab conveniently.
9. For bulky items like hair dryers, curling irons and hair straighteners, store them in a caddy that hangs over a cabinet. This way, they're easy to access and don't need to stay on your countertop.
10. Command Hooks are great for multiple areas of your home, and the bathroom is no different! Use heavy duty Command Hooks to hang towels on the wall or on doors, so there's no need to drill in shelving or hooks.
11. Instead of using Command Hooks, you can simply use over-the-door hooks to add storage without having to drill anything. These are easily removable and add several hooks for towels, robes, etc.
12. Save valuable counter space by hanging a suction cup toothbrush holder on the bathroom mirror. Now that's one less thing cluttering the counter!
13. You can also create even more storage with small suction cup shelves! Available in multiple colors, these will stick to your mirror as well as shower tiles to create extra shelf space.
14. When your shower doesn't have enough space for your toiletry bottles, create more with a tension rod corner shower caddy. Tension rods hold it in place and create 4 extra shelves to store all of the necessities.
15. Keep even the smallest drawers organized with small containers so that every item has a place. You can move them around as needed to fit the drawers in your bathroom.
And there you have it! Hopefully you can get past the small bathroom woes and use these tips to create the space you need and live a comfortable life.