Sure, you can toss thousands of dollars at a bedroom makeover and it’ll probably look pretty great. But today we’re celebrating the unique creativity of DIYers who make their spaces look like a million bucks on a budget. Check out our ten favorite budget-friendly bedroom makeovers from the Curbly archives–they’re full of thrifty inspiration and clever DIY projects!
1. This kid’s bedroom went from drab to fab for under $100 thanks to lots of DIY improvements!
2. We all know the powers of paint and this makeover is proof! A fresh coat on the walls, combined with rearranging and repurposing pieces you already own, is a great way to keep the costs of your makeover down.
3. This high-style bedroom is full of thrift store finds–all given a new, glam life with coordinating paint!
4. With a few clever IKEA hacks, this apartment went from a studio to a one-bedroom for a fraction of the cost of an add-on!
5. By updating the decor with some thrifty finds, this guest room got a fresh new look for cheap (and yes, the wall color stayed the same)!
6. This bedroom is full of money-saving DIY pieces: from the jewelry organizer and wall hooks to the laundry bad and even the upholstered chair!
7. Part office, part craft room, and part guest room, this makeover maximizes its storage space while still feeling cozy and inviting.
8. Soothing neutrals, better lighting, and some DIY storage projects make this a more relaxing and calming master bedroom.
9. Reusing items they already had as well as making smart purchases helped turn this bedroom into a show-stopper!
10. White paint and thrift store decor to the rescue! This dark basement bedroom got a much-needed makeover for cheap.
Many of these bedroom makeovers keep their costs down by reusing or repurposing items, freshening up thrift store finds, and/or solving storage or design dilemmas through smart DIY projects. Do you have any other tips or ways to stay on budget and still create a stylish space? Share your suggestions and ideas in the comments!
Nice bedroom desings! I really appreciate the effort. The designs of evey bed room looking so nice.
What’s the light grey paint color on the walls in #3? The picture with the yellow lamps and red blanket draped on the bed. Thanks. I’m looking for a grey for my walls. Hard to pick the right Grey shade. I have red accents in my house so this shade might work!
almost every “before” has bare walls.no wonder they look so drab.they need pictures or art and that alone would help.