Scandinavian-inspired design got some major love from Curbly this year. From creative DIY stool ideas to rustic-modern coat stands, we Oo'd and Ah'd over this distinct aesthetic. Here are our favorite uniquely Scandinavian DIY projects from 2011 (in no particular order, because they're all pretty fabulous)!
10. We love this simple DIY photo display idea--it's rustic and modern all at once! See how to make it here.
9. Consider sprucing up old baskets or thrift store finds with this paint dipping technique. See how here.
8. Check out the big brain on Chris! (Pulp Fiction reference... anyone? Anyone?) He created this awesome bedside book abode--check out all the detailed steps!
7. Easiest DIY clock ever. Promise. See how to make it here!
6. This DIY wall hanging is simple and customizable, though we do love the subtle grey tones! See how it's done here.
5. Y'all know how much we love a good tree-inspired project, so these branch wall hooks are a no-brainer! See how to make 'em here.
4. One of my favorite IKEA hacks of the year, this felt stool cushion is an affordable and stylish way to improve ubiquitous flat-pack furniture. See the how-to here.
3. DIY plywood countertops look great and are extremely budget-friendly! Check 'em out here.
2. Another IKEA stool hack, yay! This crocheted cover is colorful and cozy--and comes with a free pattern. See more here.
1. And finally, this gorgeous wood and leather coat stand stole our Scandinavian-loving hearts. Check out how to make it right here!