Whether you're decorating your home with stand-alone frames or a gallery wall, you may begin to feel bored in a sea of plain white frames. I get it, they're my go-to choice too! Luckily, it's easy to makeover craft frames or plain white frames throughout your home to give it a more personalized look. With these easy picture frame makeover ideas, you'll be able to make each frame feel unique - like it was made for the photo inside of it! Add color, texture and more with these simple makeover ideas that will give your home decor a touch of character.
1. Color Block Picture Frame - Makeover any frame with a block of color using spray paint, like this project by Dream Green DIY.
2. Laser Cut Gold Frame - Add a laser cut design on top of a simple frame to give it a unique look! (DIY on DIY Candy)
3. Mud Cloth Wood Burned Frame - Upgrade a plain wood frame with a wood burner! (DIY on Club Crafted)
4. Embroidered Frame - Add fabric and simple embroidery to an existing frame with this idea by A Beautiful Mess.
5. Map Decoupaged Picture Frame - This simple decoupage technique by Alyssa B. Young uses maps to cover plain frames.
6. Marbled Picture Frames - Use nail polish to create a beautiful marbling pattern on a frame, like this tutorial on Happily Eva After.
7. Yarn Wrapped Frame - Add yarn and pom poms to a frame like this example from Craft Warehouse!
8. Holographic Photo Frames - Use vinyl to give frames an iridescent look with the simple tutorial on Club Crafted.
9. Fabric Covered Frames - Cover frames with patterned fabric like this example on Wonder Forest!
10. Pom Pom Picture Frames - Line frames with colorful pom poms like A Kailo Chic Life to add color and texture to your walls.
11. Dyed Photo Frames - I bet you never thought about dyeing your plain wood frames! Well, you can with this tip by The Crafted Life.
12. Geometric Tissue Paper Frame - Use Mod Podge to decoupage pieces of colorful tissue paper to a plain frame. (DIY on Mod Podge Rocks)
13. Gold Hardware Framed Photos - Add simple gold hardware to the corners of frames for a unique look, like this example by A Beautiful Mess.
14. Gemstone Picture Frame - Create beautiful texture by adding small gemstones to frame! (DIY on Poppytalk)
Are you feeling inspired to give your pictures frames a makeover? Whether you upcycle a craft frame with paint, glue, paper, yarn or other accessories, you're sure to create a piece of art to decorate your home.