DIY woodworking projects can make your home decor unique on a budget. The problem for most beginner DIYers is they don't have the tools to make them happen. Here are 10 beginner woodworking projects that require using basic skills, and basic tools that most people have or can borrow.
Let's start with 10 Beginner Woodworking Projects for the Crafty DIYers Out There
1. Wooden Magazine Holder
This DIY magazine holder only requires a jigsaw, an angle ruler, and some wood glue. Check out the tutorial on Homedit.
2. Dowel Rod Coat Rack
3. DIY Hanging Table
This hanging table is made from a natural wood slab. If you don't have to cut the wood slab you simply need a drill. Check out the tutorial over on The Merry Thought.
4. DIY Spice Rack
This minimal spice rack from Curbly is an easy way to get organized. All you need for this project is a hand saw and some wood glue.
5. DIY Ladder Shelves
All this project requires is an old ladder, a drill, and some L-Brackets. Check out the tutorial here.
6. DIY Wooden Crayon Holder
This project is easy with a little stroke of genius. This is on my "to make" list. You can have the wood cut at your local store but you will need a hole saw drill bit and your drill.
7. Wooden Sofa Sleeve Cup Holder
Elsie and Emma have this tutorial over on A Beautiful Mess. The only tools you need are a chop saw, clamps, hole saw drill bit, and woodglue. If you don't have a chop saw get your wood cut at your home improvement store.
8. Wood Block Edison Bulb Lamp
For this project all you need is a miter saw, a drill, and a spade bit.You can find this tutorial here on Curbly.
9. Rustic Wood Phone Charger
The only tool used to make this phone charger was a drill and a Dremel. Check out the tutorial here.
10. DIY Wooden Swing
This DIY wooden swing from Momtasic is simple and a fun addition to your outdoor or indoor space. Check out the tutorial here. If your wood is already cut (at your local store or friendly neighbor) all you need is a drill.
If you are wanting to start your woodworking skills maybe try these projects and borrow or rent the tools needed. If you love it, then slowly start filling your own tool shed one project at a time.
10 MORE Home Beginner Woodworking Projects You Can Try Right Now
By Lexy Ward
We are big fans of woodworking in our home. If we want a new piece of furniture, you bet we try to make it ourselves! We've built faux fireplaces, daybeds, storage bins, tables, and more! But we had to start somewhere. We all do. If you're new to woodworking, give one of these easy beginner woodworking projects a try! You're sure to be addicted to the craft!
1. This Anthropologie-inspired organizing piece cost $50 instead of the $330 in store! See how over on Brit & Co.!
2. This stackable makeup organizer just needs some paint, wood glue, clamps and a drill bit! See it on Paper & Stitch!
3. You can make this modern wardrobe in an afternoon! And if you don't have a saw at home, have the pieces pre-cut at the hardware store! See how on A Beautiful Mess!
4. Create a rolling storage bin for blankets, pillows, and odds and ends around the house! See how on PROPER!
5. If you can use a jigsaw and a drill, this stud earring rack will be a breeze. See it on DIY in PDX!
6. The simplest headboard one can make! See it on A Bubbly Life!
7. I'm really digging this marble & wood tray hack and it's easy to make your own! See it on Kristi Murphy!
8. This picture ledge is the perfect intro to woodworking tools! You'll need a miter box, table saw, drill, and an orbital sander! Perfect for dipping your toes! See it on The Merrythought!
9. This DIY daybed is easier than it looks! You just need a table saw, drill, hammer, and an orbital sander! See it on PROPER!
10. Say it with me, "MDF is my best friend". Wood MDF is one of the easiest mediums to work with as you don't have to worry about warped or split boards. This midcentury mod coffee table is made from MDF and is super easy to recreate at home! See it on The Wonder Forest!
Share this roundup on Pinterest!