- Clean a toilet. Drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes, brush, and flush. The citric acid and effervescent action will help loosen the grime.
- Attract Fish. Fish dig on bubbles. Fill a tube jig with a piece of Alka-Seltzer and cast off.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas of deep vessels, such as a flower vase. Fill with water and drop in two Alka-Seltzer tablets.
- Polish jewelry. Dissolve two Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of water and immerse the soak jewelry for two minutes.
- Remove burnt food from cookware. Fill your cookware with warm water, then dissolve five tablets and allow to sit for an hour or so.
- Clean your coffeemaker. Fill the top portion of the coffee-maker with water, then drop in three tablets. When the Alka-Seltzer has dissolved, put the coffeemaker through a brew cycle. Flush with water, then do another brew of pure water for a final wash.
- Unclog the drain. Drop two or three tablets in the sink, and chase with a cup of white vinegar. Allow the hot water to run for three or four minutes.
- Cure urinary tract infections. Dissolve two tablets in a glass of water and drink at the onset of urinary tract infections.
- Get short-term relief from nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Two Alka-Seltzer tablets three times a day will help curb the cravings.
- Soothe insect bites. Dissolve two tablets in water, and saturate a cloth or cotton ball with the solution, and place on the bite for thirty minutes.
Resources: Breakthechain, bulkcarrier.de, Rd.com, and joey green
The South African version of Alka Seltzer is called “Citro Soda”