- 1 Cardboard Tube (the best come from the inside of a roll of cling wrap, wax paper, or aluminum foil)
- Duct Tape
- 4 inches of a lightweight piece of linked chain
- Twisty Ties
- Sharpie Pens
- 1 Nail or pointy object that you can use to poke a small hole into the cardboard tube
- Wire Cutters / Pliers
- Hack Saw
- Cut cardboard tube in half. We used a hacksaw because the tube is too thick to cut with scissors.
- Add a piece of duct tape to one end of each tube half. When you start doing wicked ninja moves with your chucks, the added tape will help to reinforce the tube so that the friction of the chain / twisty ties doesn’t shred it as much.
- Use a nail or poking device to punch a small hole through the duct tape covered end of each tube half (poke the hole about 1/4 inch from the end of the tube).
- Thread a piece of twisty tie through the hole then back up so that both ends of the tie are outside of the tube.
- Twist the ties until you cannot twist anymore then cut-off any excess.
- Turn the ties so that the twisted part is hidden inside the tube.
- Use wire cutters or pliers to pry open the last link on both ends of the 4-inch piece of chain.
- Link the chain onto the twisty tie then use the pliers to squeeze the ends shut.
- Use Sharpie pens to add some radical Ninja art to the outside of your chucks then finish them off by putting another piece of duct tape on the opposite end of the tube.