Some of the most unique Christmas decor is waiting to be found at your local thrift store. If you are not done Christmas decorating, or you are decorating for a Christmas get-together, here are some Christmas decorating ideas using re-purposed thrift store items.
1. Thrift store mittens can be re-purposed lots of ways. I love how they are styled as door decor instead of a wreath!
2. You can easily create vignettes with thrift store decor finds. Often times you can score vintage items. The tin, the tree and the deer were all found at the thrift store.
3. Grab some old sweaters or flannel shirts and make som fun Christmas pillows.
4. Create an advent candle setting or a candelabra centerpiece using thrifted cookie cans.
5. Spray paint thrift store Christmas village houses white. These are usually $1-$2 at thrift stores.
6. After you spray paint your thrifted villages, you can spray paint your thrifted nutcrackers.
7. Make stockings out of thrift store shirts. Get the tutorial here.
8. Add to your Christmas dinner table setting with these napkin holders made out of thrifted shirts. Here are the details for this simple DIY project.
9. These Christmas coasters could be great Christmas gifts. They are made out of mason jar lids and a stack of thrift store Christmas cards. Here is the tutorial.
10. Don't forget your tree. This is my tree and I purchased this 7ft tree for $7 at a thrift store. Right now, halfway through the Christmas season they are usually super discounted so if you don't have your tree, head to your local thrift store.
Here are other Christmas items commonly found for much less at a thrift store:
- Christmas tree stands
- Christmas lights
- Christmas table Cloths
- Christmas trinkets
- Christmas serving trays and dishes
- Christmas dinnerware
- Christmas stockings
- Christmas wrapping items
- Bows and Bags
- Baskets for tree skirts
- Ornaments...tons of ornaments