I recently lucked into purchasing an old butterfly chair for $20. Twenty dollars! I'm currently in the middle of making it over and was scouring the web for inspiration and found a plethora of gorgeous chairs to buy or DIY! I'm going to attempt the latter. Check out the roundup for your own inspiration below!
1. A DIY cover made from leather complete with a pattern to download! via One Little Minute
2. Following the pattern above, you could totally make this furry option! via PB Teen
3. Take your favorite Kilim blanket and cut out a butterfly pattern shape to recreate this one! via Urban Outfitters
4. A great tutorial for recovering an old butterfly chair! via Apartment Therapy
5. Tips for recovering with cozy fabric! via Pretty Handy Girl
6. What about the feet? If your chairs will be outside, try prepping the chair legs and feet for the weather! via MODFRUGAL
7. Add pockets in a different fabric! via My Anything & Everything
9. One more to convince you that you need some leather in your life. via Front + Main
10. Finish one with an old wool blanket for a campy, rustic look! via Mrs Meyers Clean Day
Share this on Pinterest!