If you’ve recently visited a thrift store you know there are always tons of books available. Here are ten projects that might make you want to grab a few the next time you go.
1. Thrifted books can become art on the cheap. See all the ways Emily A. Clark has turned books into art over on her blog.
2. Find a colorful book or encyclopedia set to turn into wall paper.
3. This little shelf gives meaning to the term “book shelf”. See how it’s done over at A Piece of Rainbow.
4. Who knew thrifted books could be turned into knife storage! So creative.
5. Kate from See Kate sew made these adorable book zipper clutches from thrifted books. Check out the tutorial here.
6. Use old books for secret storage. You can make an actual storage basket or you can use it like the one above for hiding cords. Check the “how to” here.
7. This stack booked table lamp is really unique. HGTV has the the full set of instructions for making this lamp.
Buy or DIY?
This rechargeable lamp looks like a book until you open it. Get it on Amazon.
8. This little DIY book charger is a stylish way to charge your phone.
9. Old books can be a stylish cover for cords or things you want to hide. Go to Apartment Therapy to see how the above wireless router was hidden by an old book cover.
10. Turn some thrifted books into an inexpensive side table. If you can’t find any at a thrift store, go the last day of an estate sale and you will more than likely find tons of great books on the cheap.