Wallpaper is a fun way to dress up a wall... but it's not always the right solution for every situation. It's expensive and time-consuming to apply. But there are tons of great alternatives out there - everything from decals to stencils to creative painting techniques. Keep reading to check out ten of our favorite unique wallpaper alternatives.
IKEA's Livet Hemma Blog
1. You might consider covering your walls with book pages, music, or other vintage paper goods.
Read more here. [Photo: IKEA's Livet Hemma Blog]
2. Use chalk to create a temporary eye-catching pattern on an outdoor wall. Check out the tutorial
here. [Photo: Sarah Hearts]
A Nest For All Seasons
3. Create a fading pattern using this unique stenciling technique...
check it out here. [Photo: A Nest For All Seasons]
4. Washi tape can be a great way to give a wall some personality too!
Here's the how-to. [Photo: Everything Emily]
5. Or you might consider creating a photographic print overlay.
Found here. [Photo: Design-Milk]
A Beautiful Mess
6. Read the writing on the wall - literally. Choose a favorite phrase or book excerpt and cover your wall with it.
Check it out here. [Photo: A Beautiful Mess]
7. Use metallic film tape to create this glam gold triangle accent wall.
Read about the simple process here. [Photo: Design Fixation]
8. If you like the look of stencils but don't have the patience, give this
stencil roller technique a try! Check it out here. [Photo: Remodelista]
A Beautiful Mess
9. Here we have a stenciled pattern that is done with pens instead of brushes.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: A Beautiful Mess]
The Sweetest Digs
10. Decal stickers are another great option... read about the simple process
right here. [Photo: The Sweetest Digs]
Share this article on Pinterest! [Photo: