If you're planning on throwing a big bash this season, but don't know where to start, we have you covered. Just read through these 7 tips for throwing the ultimate (DIY) summer party and you'll be ready for outdoor entertaining in no time.
1. Have a seat. Having multiple seating options for guests, in different areas, both indoors and out, is a great way to encourage conversations and relaxation. No one wants to stand all day in the summer heat, right?
If you're looking for a DIY seating option, try these DIY built-in benches on for size.
2. Made in the shade. Large patio umbrellas, like this setup from A Beautiful Mess, or a few lounge chairs underneath a shaded tree will help keep guests cool. Having space indoors for guests to hang out in an air conditioned space is a great option too.
3. Keep it cool. Given the rising temperatures, this one is an absolute must. Be sure to have a variety of offerings too (water, soda, beer, wine, etc).
And if you want to be extra fancy, make thee DIY melon ball ice cubes for water and juices.
4. Food for all. Along those same lines, classic summer foods like watermelon and corn on the cob always go over well. And to add a little something unexpected in the food department, try a DIY bruschetta bar, with grilled breads, meats, cheeses, etc.
5. Bring on the games. A fun way to keep guests is entertained is with a game, like this DIY cornhole game idea.
6. Let there be light. Citronella candles and/or string lights help the outdoors feel cozy and atmospheric once the sun goes down. Check out this tutorial for how to create a party alcove with string lights.
7. You're fired. A fire pit is a nice spot for s'mores and conversation. Check out this DIY fire put option, if you're in the mood to make your own.