After yesterday’s post from Faith, Tips For Adding Textiles To Your Home, it seemed appropriate to put together a list of DIY ways to embellish textiles. Whether you’re tackling a sewing project, upholstery DIY, or some other project that involves fabric, this roundup of DIY textiles is a good place to start for inspiration.
Customize any fabric project with these 14 DIY ideas, from sharpies and rubbing alcohol to monoprinting and stenciling. You’re bound to find something that you like.
2. Colorful geometric textiles with Sharpies
4. Stamped fabric with potatoes
7. Hand painted phrases on fabric
10. Painted leaves printed fabric and other techniques
11. DIY stamp and fabric stamping technique
12. Natural dyeing technique with bougainvillea
13. Making fabric prints with tape
Know of any other DIY ways to alter textiles? Share them in the comments below.
Screen printing using freezer paper is so much easier than the technique shown above!