After yesterday’s post from Faith, Tips For Adding Textiles To Your Home, it seemed appropriate to put together a list of DIY ways to embellish textiles. Whether you’re tackling a sewing project, upholstery DIY, or some other project that involves fabric, this roundup of DIY textiles is a good place to start for inspiration.
Customize any fabric project with these 14 DIY ideas, from sharpies and rubbing alcohol to monoprinting and stenciling. You’re bound to find something that you like.
1. Shibori dyeing with indigo
2. Colorful geometric textiles with Sharpies
MIggy for Design Mom
3. DIY monoprint fabric
4. Stamped fabric with potatoes
5. Hand painted linens
6. Marbled fabric DIY
7. Hand painted phrases on fabric
8. Screen printed fabric DIY
Wit & Whistle
9. Stenciled fabric DIY
Lu Loves Handmade
10. Painted leaves printed fabric and other techniques
11. DIY stamp and fabric stamping technique
12. Natural dyeing technique with bougainvillea
How About Orange
13. Making fabric prints with tape
A Beautiful Mess
14. Wax resist DIY idea
Know of any other DIY ways to alter textiles? Share them in the comments below.