When I think of wall treatments, wallpaper usually comes to mind. Or paint. But sometimes I forget that you can paint a wall to actually look like wallpaper. Here are some unbelievable examples of hand-painted walls. You'll be inspired, I promise!
1. This creative homeowner has painted her bedroom walls to resemble cross stitching. Word is that she's developing a kit so others can recreate this look. Head over here for more info. [Photo: Apartment Therapy]
3. This large scale chevron pattern looks great with multiple colors. [Photo: Grey Likes Baby]
4. Can you believe that this one is hand-painted? Ava Roth certainly is a talented woman. [Photo: Brenda Liu]
5. This pretty Moroccan style pattern was done using a stencil. [Photo: How To Nest For Less]
6. Triangles have been popular lately... they look lovely here in different shades of gray. [Photo: Idee Creative]
7. An argyle wall... how clever! The large scale pattern makes it really quite unusual. [Photo: Anita Roll]
9. Metallic paint gives this retro design a fun pop. [Photo: Retro Renovation]
10. Owner Katie Stratton couldn't find the perfect wallpaper... so she painted her own! Amazing. [Photo: Pencil Box]
If you found this interesting, check out this post for ideas on DIY floor tile painting here.