Recently we looked at some beautifully renovated Airstream trailers, so it seemed only logical that we check out a few houseboats too! It turns out houseboats can be found all over the world, and are particularly popular in the Netherlands, Canada, Great Britain and even the United States - there are almost 500 in Seattle alone. Check out my favorites below.
1. This long, narrow floating home sits in an Amsterdam Canal. [Photo: Travel-Friends]
3. A tiny cabin on the island of Vinalhaven in Maine. Loving those giant potted plants! [Photo: Eastern Design Office]
6. This shingled beauty resides in the Ozarks. [Photo: Via Keenan Evans]
7. Another Amsterdam houseboat. Are we seeing a trend here? Check out photos of the inside here. [Photo: Telegraph]
8. This one looks like a beach house. Well, I guess technically it is! [Photo: Via Sarah Jio]