Here are our favorite gifts for men, in varying price points (and from a variety of shops). We've also included a bunch of DIY gifts - cool ideas you can make yourself!
We know coming up with gift ideas for men can be tough. Lots of guys aren't willing (or able) to tell you what they really want. And thinking of a holiday or birthday gift that's really unique can feel overwhelming.
If you scroll down this page, you'll find we've done hours of research looking for the best holiday gifts, birthday gifts, and DIY ideas. Let's go!
10 Birthday Gifts for Men
1. Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin and Jordan Mackay: $17
2. Moscow Mule Cups from West Elm: $24. Great for celebrating with his friends.
3. Whiskey Glass Candle - Cedar Sage from Cool Material: $28
This gift is simple and restrained - could be just right for a co-worker, cousin, or even a father-in-law!
4. Faribault Buffalo Check Blanket from Kaufmann Mercantile: $99 (simple accessories like this are always a safe bet)
5. Timex Weekender Oversized Chrono from Cool Material: $80 (Watches are perfect for the home, office, or anywhere in between.)
6. Night Stand Oak Wood Valet from Paybacks A Beach: $40
7. Hario Olive Wood French Press from Kaufmann Mercantile: $95
8. Baxter of California Grooming Essentials Kit from Birchbox: $48
9. Stainless Steel Straws - Set of 10 from Food 52: $32
10. Bicycle-Mounted Growler Holder and Stainless Steel Growler from Food 52: $90 (Guys love their gear. This one is definitely an attention grabber.)
25 Cool Christmas Gifts for Men
It's that time of year where you scour the shops both online and in store for the perfect gift for the guys in your life. You want something that will make him ooh and ahh, or smile and chuckle. We've taken out a lot of the work and rounded up 25 of the coolest gifts for men from around the web! From tools to gourmet food kits to wooden cuff links, there's something for every man on your list!
1. Bondic Liquid Plastic Welder - This little tool is a must for any fixer upper. Repair toys, glasses, jewelry, and more! It can even fill in 3D sections and be sanded down! $24
2. Baseball Bat Bottle Opener - For the guy who loves baseball as much as you, this little opener is handy enough to keep in a pocket, and looks great on any bar cart! $115
3. Set of Beer Jelly - If you know a guy who's into gourmet food, this set of beer jellies is a great option to gift! Comes with an oatmeal stout, pale ale, IPA, and porter! $30
4. Guitar Pick Punch - A great gift for a musician or guitarist. Turn old cards, hotel keys, and more into guitar picks! $23
5. Man Bucket - Customize and fill up a "Man Bucket" with all his favorite treats! Jerky, beer, meat, sausage, and cooking tools are a just a few options you can choose from! $60
6. Campfire Cologne - If he could live outdoors, but is stuck in the office all day, this incense is the perfect gift to help him smell the mountain air indoors! $13
7. OrbitKey Leather Key Ring - Keep keys in a neat and tight bunch and pull them out one at a time pocket-knife style! $35
8. Rib-O-Lator BBQ Rotisserie Attachment - Rotisserie all his favorite foods at the same time without them burning or drying out! Fits most gas grills and smokers! $100
9. The John Lennon Letters - For the ultimate Beatles fan, a book compiled of letters written by John Lennon throughout his life! $20
10. Beard Grooming Kit - Complete with oil, soap, a comb, beard balm, and shampoo! It's the ultimate in grooming for beard. $65
11. Slim Wallet - For the card-carrying minimalist, these wallets are super thin and lightweight, and will help him carry only the necessities. $25
12. Ticket Stub Organizer - If he's nostalgic and has a collection of tickets from every concert and show he's ever been to, help him keep them safe and organized! $12
14. BlueFire Pro Heat Resistant Gloves - If you have a firepit in your backyard, or just camp a lot, these heat resistant gloves will keep you out of the emergency room! $25
15. Taco Tee - The perfect shirt to wear every Taco Tuesday! $25
16. Dollar Shave Club Membership - Have new razors and skincare products sent right to his door each month! The first month comes in a super stylish and sturdy wooden box! $100 for 12 months.
17. Drink Rocks Bundle - Keep beverages undiluted and chilled in style. Bonus: these rocks double as office art! $60
18. Concrete Desk Set - Organize odds & ends in the office with these concrete desk accessories! Comes with a pencil cup, tray, and tape dispenser! $50
19. LapPad Laptop Table & Mobile Workstation - Work anywhere in the house with this mobile workstation. We prefer the couch! $90
20. VonShef Defrosting Tray - Thaw meat FAST with this super magic tray! Takes only 30-60 minutes depending on thickness! $14
21. Bacon Making Kit - Bacon truly is an art form. Create the perfect recipe with this kit and transform how you view pork. $40
22. Q Marshal Touchscreen Brown Leather Watch - This would look good on any wrist. The touch screen gives it that "apple watch" feel, but in a more stylish way! $295
23. Wooden Cufflinks - Add these to your sleeves and look the Man's Man. $32
24. Portable Golf Net - Hit anywhere with this portable net to perfect your drive and your game. $110
25. Headphone Organizer - Keep headphones tangle-free or from falling off during your daily jog! $9
The Best DIY Gift Ideas for Guys
Here are some really thoughtful DIY gift ideas for the men in your life. I swear, guys always seem a little bit more tricky to make gifts for, but these homemade gift projects are too cool not to try. So, here are fourteen of my favorite awesome gifts to make for men this upcoming holiday season.
11. DIY Beard Balm
If you are going to work on leather, a Revolving Leather Hole Punch can help enormously. Or just use it to loosen that belt after the holiday meals are over.
14 Gifts for Men You Can Buy Or Make Yourself!
Every year, right around the holidays, I go into a (brief) panic about what kind of gift to buy or DIY for my husband, brother, dad, etc. I love making gifts for them whenever I can, but it can be difficult to come up with a super awesome DIY idea that men will actually like / want to use. So, I'm are 14 awesome DIY gifts for men this holiday season - along with alternatives if you're run out of time and just want to buy something similar.
Make It: DIY Leather Tool Grips
Buy It: Nope. Sorry, can't buy this one! But Revolving Leather Hole Punch will come in handy when making your DIY leather gifts
Make It: DIY Shrinky Dink Tie Tack
Buy It: Monogrammed Leather Cufflinks (starting at $9 at Etsy)