With Mother's Day right around the corner, many of us are on the hunt for gifts for those new moms out there. The best gifts usually involve something that will save her time or give her a bit of extra time to herself. So we've done the research and rounded up the best ideas from around the web. Here are 17 gifts for new moms that will put a smile on her face this Mother's Day (or any day of the year!).
Photo: Blue Apron
1. Meal Delivery Gift Card - Give mom the gift of delicious food while she's adjusting to having a new baby in the house. There are tons of great options... Blue Apron is probably the most well known, but others include Sun Basket, Freshly, Plated and Hello Fresh. And Nurture Life is specifically for kid's meals and they come already cooked.
2. Night of Free Babysitting - After weeks and weeks of all-things-baby, mom is probably desperately in need of a few hours to herself. A night of free babysitting is one of the best gifts you can give her, so she can go out on the town with her other half or just have some much-needed alone time.
Photo: Original Baby
3. Ba Baby Bottle Holder - This clever bottle attachment helps babies as young as three months hold their own bottle, allowing mom to have both hands free to do work or chores around the house while baby eats. Which may not seem like a big deal, but when you're short on time it is a wonderful help. Head over to Amazon to buy one.
4. Homemade Meals To Put In Freezer - If you like to cook, whip up a large batch of something that is freezable and bring pre-portioned servings over to mom. This will be especially welcome for brand new moms who have their hands full feeding baby and don't have time to cook for themselves. Great freezable options include things like chili, chicken soup, beef stew and lasagna.
5. Monthly Product Delivery Membership - Automating the delivery of products is becoming popular, and with good reason... it eliminates the need to remember/go out to buy large items that you use on a daily basis. Things like paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, vitamins, snacks, self care products, etc. are great things to schedule monthly delivery of. Get mom set up with Amazon, Public Goods (for self care), Petsmart (for pet food) or Grove Collaborative (for all-natural home products).
6. Jawbone Activity Tracker - Give active moms an activity tracker to help them figure out a new daily routine. Jawbone helps you track your steps, but also things like food, sleep and heart rate to make sure everything is where it should be. Other similar products include FitBit, Garmin Forerunner, and the Samsung Gear Fit2.
7. Mobile Photo Printer - We all take a lot of pictures these days, now that our smart phones allow us to keep a camera on hand at all times... but new moms may take the most! But it's difficult to find the time to get those images printed. Give her a compact photo printer like Sprocket so she can easily print out all of those adorable images and hang them up on the wall.
8. Owlet Smart Sock - The Owlet Smart Sock silently tracks an infant's heart rate and oxygen levels while they sleep so mom can rest easy. And the more sleep for mom, the better! If anything is wrong, Owlet will send an alert right to her phone.
9. Audible Membership - If mom loves to read but can't find the time anymore (because sleep usually trumps reading when you're overtired!), buy her a membership to Audible. She can listen to books in the car, or even at home while she's breastfeeding or cooking dinner. The first month is free, and it is $14.95 per month after that.
10. Swoop Toy Bag + Playmat - The Swoop Toy Bag + Playmat is a simple yet genius product that will save tons of time during cleanup... just set up Legos or blocks on the mat and then pull the drawstring when the kids are finished playing. Genius! They come in different sizes and make a great portable bag for bringing toys elsewhere too.
11. Local Coffee Shop Gift Card - Combat sleep deprivation with some extra caffeine in the form of a gift card to a local coffee shop. Mom gets a jolt of energy, and a local establishment gets some extra business... everybody wins!
12. A Storage Box Filled With Cute Greeting Cards - If mom never missed a birthday or a holiday before, odds are she'll still want to send greeting cards to her friends after she's had a baby... but the logistics of going out to the store to buys cards are much more complicated now! Buy her a large variety of cards and put them in a cute storage box with dividers for different holidays. Add a book of stamps to complete the package!
13. Workout DVDs - If she loves to work out but doesn't have enough time to get to the gym, buy her a couple of at-home workout DVDs. That way, she doesn't have to bundle up baby every time she wants to go to the gym to work out... she can simply pop in the DVD when baby is down for a nap.
14. Mani Pedi Gift Card - Everybody needs a little bit of pampering every now and then, but especially a new mom. Get her a gift card to a highly rated nail salon near her using a service like SpaFinder... you can search by location and service and then buy a gift card right on their website. Mom will feel like a queen!
15. Multi Cooker - This clever appliance does triple duty as a slow cooker, pressure cooker and a steamer... so not only will she save space, but she'll also be able to take advantage of the joys of a slow cooker - set it and forget it! Or if she's running behind, use the pressure cooker to get things moving right along. Here is a highly-rated one from Amazon.
Photo: Summer Infant
16. Pacifier Thermometer - Keep track of baby's temperature with this genius thermometer and pacifier in one! The small screen on the front glows red if a fever is detected, alerting mom right away to any problems. Check out the Summer Infant Pacifier Thermometer here.
17. Monthly Subscription Activity Box - Monthly Subscription boxes make great gifts for moms who love to buy educational toys for her kids, but may not have the time to research and purchase the best ones on the market. Services such as Milestones or Hoppi Box will do the work for you, sending curated packages monthly filled with the best educational items for the little ones.