A DIY advent calendar is the perfect way to bring tradition and beautiful holiday decor into your home for the Christmas season. We scoured the web for our favorites – Scandinavian-inspired, modern, inventive, and colorful – so we hope you find one to make with your family this year!
It’s almost December, which means it’s time to bust out your diy advent calendar! Here are 15 Scandinavian-inspired DIY options to try this year.
1. Embroidery Hoop Wreath DIY Advent Calendar from Lapinblu
2. Paper Forest DIY Advent Calendar from Bloesem Kids
3. Hanging Gift Bag Advent Calendar (with printable labels) from Tonje Boganes
4. Chalkboard and Ornament Advent Calendar from Modern Country Style
5. DIY Branch and Matchbox Hanging Advent Calendar from The Merrythought
6. Hanging Branch and Paper Sack Advent Calendar from Third Floor Design Studio
7. Paper Box Village Advent Calendar from Mokkasin
8. Chalkboard Box Advent Calendar from Liebesbotschaft
9. Hanging Bundle Advent Calendar from A Merry Mishap
10. DIY Hanging Geo Advent Calendar from A Merry Mishap
11. Reclaimed Wood Tree Advent Calendar from Deas og Mia
12. Wool Felt Wall Hanging from Apartment Therapy
13. Hanging Chalkboard Advent Calendar from Hank and Hunt
14. DIY Linen Pin Board and Muslin Bag Advent Calendar from The Marion House Book
15. Wall-Mounted Tree and Paper Bag Advent Calendar from Elisabeth Heier
10 Imaginative DIY Advent Calendars to Welcome the Holiday Season
By Faith Towers
It doesn’t seem possible that another holiday season is upon us, but it is… which means that if you plan to make an advent calendar, it’s time to get started on it! This is a wonderful tradition, especially for children… when I was a kid I remember looking forward to opening my advent calendar each day in December. So today I’m sharing ten super creative, beautiful ways to make your own.
Bonus! This free printable mountain advent calendar DIY from Curbly’s own Stephanie Lee might be our favorite one on the list!
Share this on Pinterest:
14 Modern DIY Advent Calendars and Holiday Countdown Projects
By Capree Kimball
I’ll be honest, I prefer that my DIY projects and crafts be heavy on the modern side of things. Sometimes it’s hard to find ideas that are easy to make, affordable, and super contemporary. BUT! It can be done! Even the most ubiquitous Christmas craft, the advent calendar, can be turned into an aesthetically pleasing design object. Here are 14 examples that are sure to fit in with modern homes of all types!
1. Craft Box Pin Board Calendar
2. Modern Plywood and String Advent Calendar
3. Paper Mountain Advent Calendar
5. Tied Up with String Calendar countdown
6. Reclaimed Wood Advent Calendar Tree
7. Photo Puzzle Advent Calendar
8. Colorful Boxes Advent Calendar
9. Colorful Punch Board calendar
11. Modern Branch Hanging Advent Calendar
12. Modern Boxes Free Printable Advent Calendar
13. Christmas Houses Free Printable Advent Calendar
14. Geometric Advent Calendar with Free Printable Templates
14 Colorful DIY Advent Calendars
Here we’ve rounded up projects for the color and design-loving set. Check out these playful, modern advent calendar ideas below.
1. Modern Wire Advent Calendar from My Dubio
2. Colorful Paper Ornament Tree Advent Calendar from Curbly
3. Iron-On Advent Calendar Bags from Oh Happy Day
4. DIY Scratch-Off Advent Calendar from Rae Ann Kelly
5. DIY Lattice Advent Calendar from The Proper Pinwheel
6. Modern Hanging Felt Advent Calendar from The Sweet Escape
7. Modern DIY Advent Calendar Village from Curbly
8. DIY Paper Mountain Advent Calendar from Le plus bel âge
9. DIY Toilet Paper Roll Advent Calendar from Morning Creativity
10. Paper Crystal Advent Calendar from Mr. Printables
11. Giant Canvas Tree Advent Calendar from Oh Happy Day
12. Printable Holiday Box Advent Calendar from Oh Happy Day
13. DIY Typographic Advent Calendar from ManMade
14. DIY Geometric Advent Calendar from Madame Citron
10 Super Simple DIY Advent Calendar and Holiday Countdown Ideas
It seems as though every year is a foot race, with holidays paced out evenly throughout … until the mad final sprint to the finish line with three major holidays right in a row. That is why it is never too early to start prepping for that great gift-giving time of year. Here is a roundup of 10 simple diy advent calendar ideas to help you in all your early preparation!
1. Magnetic Tin Advent, from Twig and Thistle.
2. Pyramid Tree Advent, from Julie Ree.
3. Easy Paper Cone Advent, from Family Fun Magazine.
4. Colorful Matchbox Advent, from Just a Girl.
5. Stacked Matchboxes, from Country Living Magazine.
6. Pinned Ornament Advent, by Bower Power Blog.
7. Recycled Canned Ornaments, from House to Home.
8. Paper Envelope Advent, by A Few Things From My Life.
9. Vintage Spool Advent, by Just Something I Made.
10. Simple Paper Bunting Advent, by Pink Pistachio.