From what I've been told, when temperatures fall, liquor stores start selling more Bailey's Irish Cream and Kaluha and such. For people like me, who don't partake, I feel like I'm missing out on a popular cold-weather activity. So, when I came across this recipe for homemade Irish Cream Liquour, via Bon Appetit, I thought I could finally join in the fun. The entire recipe follows, but omitting the whiskey would still make a deliciously creamy, chocolaty coffee flavoring.
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened cream of coconut