Instead of paying good cash for cd cases, which eventually break and end up in a landfill, how about creating your own, unique folded-paper cd cases that are biodegradable and take up a fraction of the space?
8 ½” by 11″ paper
a computer (optional)
1. Center a cd, which you’ll be using as a guide, at the top of a sheet of paper, as shown.
2. Fold in sides of paper to sides of cd.
3. Center cd at the middle of the folded paper.
4. Fold bottom up.
5. Fold the horizontal creases, which I’ve identified in red, to sides as indicated by arrows, so the creases are even with sides of original folded sides. (I’ve identified the creases in question with dashed lines for illustration.)
6. You’ll have a box-shape sticking up toward you after making the folds in step 5. Just fold this flap down flat as shown below.
7. Tuck the “ears” that are sticking out to the sides in between the original side folds and the fold created in step 4.
8. Slip cd into front pocket and fold down top half of paper.
9. Dog-ear the top two corners of the top half of paper.
10. Slip top half of paper into pocket.
The original is pretty generic, but to give your cd holder some pizzazz as well as a personal touch, print labels and photos on the front center of paper.
Print the name of that book you wrote or are working on. Any paper, of course, will do including postal wrap, grocery bags or something of the decorative variety. A sheet of heavier-weight wrapping paper with a printed label makes a great way to store and share holiday pictures. Via athensmusician.net.