With a handy drill bit/door lock bit, you can make your own cute-as-a-button button tray for about $1.99 (not including the drill bit). I was inspired by these coasters (doubtfully condensation proof) which sell 4 for $40.00 at Eden & Eden.
What you need:
- Round wooden tray from Goodwill ($1.99)
- Drill bit with larger circular cutting fitting used for door knobs and locks
- Fine sandpaper
- Old English furniture polish
- pencil or sharpie
What you do:
- Measure and mark the holes
- With drill in reverse, (I don’t get it but it worked this way and not the other) place the inside bit right on the marked spot and press down firmly to cut out the holes, one at a time.
- Lightly sand rough edges on the back and inside of the holes
- Rub a little Old English on the inside of the holes and the back of the tray to polish it back up
- Now use your stunning little button tray to serve a snack to guests, or wrap it up with some yummy cheese and wine and give it as a houswarming or hostess gift.
Here are the step-by-step photos.
There you have it! You may like so much, you wouldn’t think of giving it away.