Hey! In honor of Valentine's Day, we're going to mention the unmentionables! We're here to show you how to make a corset. It's pretty easy and it looks hot. Yup, you will love it! For more tutorials and tips, check out threadbanger.com. Also, don't forget to subscribe to us on iTunes!
And for more details, watch the video tutorial below:
1. Check out our blog for detailed instructions on how to make your own corset pattern. Once you have your pattern made, decide what fabric you want to use for the liner and outer shell. Take your pattern, lay it on your fabric and carefully pin it down.
2. Now, cut it out an inch outside the pattern for seam allowance. If you need to, trace around the pattern with a fabric crayon where you need to cut it so you know exactly where to sew.
3. Flip the fabric over and cut out another panel. Then repeat for the liner pieces.
4. Next take out one outer piece and one liner piece, place them right sides together and pin. Sew a seam following the pattern line you traced, but leave a gap so you can turn it inside out.
5. Now fold in the gap seam and sew it closed while sewing a top seam around the entire panel.
6. Take a ruler, place it about an inch in from the front seam and line your eyelets up along the ruler every inch on the inch. Make sure they straight and use a fabric pencil to mark where they go.
8. Repeats those steps for the rest of the holes. Then repeat on the other panel.