Whether you're excited about it or not, fall is almost upon us and it's time to start thinking about transitioning our outdoor spaces into the new season. So today we're sharing ten great tips for making your patio, deck or porch feel warm and cozy for autumn.
1. Add a fire pit. It will give off some serious heat to keep your toes warm, and the glow of the fire will create an inviting ambiance for your outdoor space.
2. Hang string lights. It gets darker much earlier in the fall, so if you haven't already, you'll want to hang some white string lights to add warmth and extra lighting.
3. Light the walkway with lanterns. This is both functional and decorative... aren't those black lanterns gorgeous?!
4. Add pumpkins. This is an incredibly easy way to add an autumnal feel without breaking the bank.
5. Add textiles. Bring some blankets and throw pillows outside with you to make sure that your guests stay warm and comfy.
6. Plant ornamental cabbage. These leafy green and purple plants enjoy the cooler weather, so they lend a very fall feel to any patio or porch.
7. Accent planters with branches. Bare tree branches feel very autumnal as well, so they make a great accent in your fall planters and pots.
8. Add candles. These pumpkin spice candles have a warm orange color and a scent that is unmistakably fall. Get the how-to here.
9. Warm up your color scheme. Switch from lighter summery colors to warm golds, oranges and reds.
10. Switch to hot drinks. Instead of drinking things like iced tea and white wine, switch over to red, hot toddies, tea and coffee.