If you go to Palm Springs you will find alot of iconic Mid Century interior design. The looks are modern and fun. Today I am going to show you some of my favorite inspirational Palm Springs interiors and how I would shop that specific look. In doing so I will share some sources for you find furniture and fixtures to make your home into this iconic style.
The Parker Hotel is an iconic Palm Springs hotel with an updated mid-century style designed by Jonathan Adler, and we all love him. Here's what you'll need to get the Palm Springs look in your own home.
- Canopy Bed: Overstock
- Leather Chair: Overstock
- Graphic Art: Etsy
- Rug: Ikea
- Mid century Lamp: Urban Outfitters
- Mid century end table: Ikea
- Animal Print bench: Joss and Main
- Crisp White Bedding: H&M
- Colorful Pillow: Ikea
All of the above retailers are expected and unexpected sources for mid-century modern furnishings. Some have many options and others just a few, but they all have great pieces to create your unique Palm Springs inspired space.
Of course, another great source for Palm Springs style and inspiration is over at Jonathan Adler.
In his book Unseen Midcentury Desert Modern, Dan Chavkin photographs this colorful Palm Springs living room. The vintage pieces seen in this photo are hard to find affordably, but the good news is that the world is embracing mid-century modern, so reproductions are becoming more accessible.
Here is my re-creation of the colorful Palm Springs living room:
- The sofa: CB2
- Table Lamp: Overstock
- Vintage Globe Light: Etsy has a great stash of MCM vintage and reproductions.
- Starburst Wall Art
- Coffee Table: Ikea
- Side Table: Ikea
- Pedestal Side Table: All Modern
- Patterned Chair: World Market
- Wooden bird: Etsy, again has quirky and fun accessories
- Orchid Plant: Ikea, this is always a great place for modern plants
- Blue Pillow: World Market
- Gold Pillow: CB2
This is a more toned down Palm Springs interior but I love the brightness of the minimally designed space.
- Table: Ikea; Ikea is always my first stop for affordable MCM options.
- Rug: Ikea
- Light Fixture: Dot and Bo; here you can find really unique fixtures that are not over the top expensive.
- Chair: Overstock
- Wall Mirror: All Modern
Here are my other Go to sources for the Palm Springs Look:
- West Elm (furniture and fixtures)
- Dot and Bo (furniture an fixtures)
- Shades of Light (lighting)
- Article (furniture)
- Wayfair (furniture and decor)