I recently hung a gallery wall in my dining room using a combination of various frames and a couple other items, but first I scoured the internet for inspiration and a variety of gallery wall ideas to bring my boring white wall to life. Gallery walls add so much personality to a space, and you can customize them so many ways using new pieces, pieces you already own or a combination of the two.
Here are 18 gallery wall ideas to draw inspiration from (and steal for your own home)!
1. These gold frames really pop in the grid-style gallery wall by Making Home Base.
2. Go for something bold, like this large wall of a variety of frames that add tons of interest. [See details and more photos of the space on Domino]
3. Bigger Than the Three of Us has a beautiful gallery wall along the wall behind the couch to add interest with a variety of pieces, including a turtle shell!
4. Use the space along a stair wall to hang frames close together and follow your eyes up the stairs, like this gold-filled display by Mandarina Studio.
5. This is the gallery wall I created in my own home using a variety of white frames mixed with gold frames, a planter and a small homemade wall weaving.
6. Place a mirror in the center of the gallery and work outwards with a variety of pieces, like this example on Domino.
7. Use the space above your TV to create a small gallery, like this gorgeous space on A Beautiful Mess.
8. This sweet and simple gallery by Avenue Lifestyle is perfect for any small area of a room, like above a nightstand.
9. Even if you have colorful furniture, a full gallery wall with a variety of large prints is a must-have.
10. Don’t be afraid of color! Oh Joy! has tons of bright, fun inspiration for wall art, including this sweet gallery designed around a mirror.
11. Using brightly colored mats in black frames add heavy contrast and colors to a space.
12. This neutral gallery has many different types of frames, but it all weaves together beautifully.
13. Go for maximum impact with extra large prints for a truly unique gallery.
14. Frame wedding photos in gold frames for a sweet gallery that brings back memories.
15. Use all white frames to display minimal and high contrast photos that match your decor, like this beautiful corner.
16. Frames that look antique give character to any space, like this bright dining nook.
17. This well-styled gallery fits the Scandinavian style of this home perfectly.
18. Lastly, don’t forget that galleries can be anything! Use any decorative items to mix and match a gallery wall, like plates, vintage pieces, mirrors, planters, etc.
Whatever you incorporate into your gallery wall, I’m sure it will be beautiful!