As much as I don't want to accept that winter is right around the corner, I'm starting to come to terms with it - thanks to some wonderfully cozy DIY projects that have been floating around the internet lately. Here are ten of my favorite DIYs that will keep your home warm and inviting during the chilly months of the year.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. Soft textures are a great way to make your space feel more cozy during the winter... check out the tutorial for this
faux fur pillow here. [Photo: Transient Expression]
2. Lighting a fire will keep you warm on those chilly nights, and
these scented pinecone fire starters will make the room smell even more lovely. [Photo: Something Turquoise]
3. Candles will cast a warm, inviting glow over your room... give these gorgeous
punched metal hurricanes a try. [Photo: Earnest Home Co.]
4. Keep your toes toasty with a colorful rag rug - get the simple tutorial
here. [Photo: Everyday Art]
5. You won't feel cold with this modern patchwork quilt surrounding you.
Here are the directions. [Photo: A Beautiful Mess]
6. Knit a pillow cover by hand... it will feel like you're cuddling with grandma's afghan.
Here is the how-to. [Photo: Just Crafty Enough]
7. Hang some tiny fairy lights to give your home a festive glow. Add some little paper ketchup cups
as shown above for a more diffused look. [Photo: Skona Hem]
8. Make one of these
draft excluders to literally keep the cold out. [Photo: via The Guardian]
9. Lighting is an important element in every home - make one of these simple, elegant hanging pendents using
these instructions. [Photo: Brit + Co.]
10. Pour your own scented candles to light up each room... check out the tutorial
here. [Photo: Live Simply]