Let's face it, entertaining can be intimidating. There's a lot of planning that goes into hosting a party, and so many details to think about. But having the right products can go a long way in making the experience an enjoyable one for all involved. Having recently moved into a new house which finally has enough space to entertain a crowd, I've found some great pieces that really get the job done. Continue reading to check out ten of my tried and true favorites.
1. The Bennet Serving Bowl from Crate and Barrel is the perfect "in-between" size for sides: $35
2. These beautiful handmade serving trays are great for cheese or charcuterie. Buy them from Zitouna Wood: $33
3. Striped straws are a must... they have a magical way of making the hostess seem like she's thought of every detail (even if she hasn't). Get a set of 50 from Wrap & Revel: $6
4. I use my glass nesting bowls the most of anything on this list. In fact, I have two sets. I use the smaller ones for prep, and the larger ones for serving. Get a set from Bed Bath & Beyond for $30.
5. I always serve a special cocktail in a large glass beverage dispenser like this one. Be sure to fill it up to the brim, because it always goes fast! Get this one from CB2 for $50.
6. At every party I've had, guests have helped themselves to espresso from my beloved Nespresso Machine: $199
7. I always have plain white votives on hand... they dress up any surface, from a coffee table to the kitchen island. And you can dress them up with paint or glitter if you're having a themed party. I love these from Amazon: $11
8. A water pitcher is important to have out, and I'm partial to the Gurgling Cod from Shreve Crump & Low. It's a bit of an investment, but worth it in my opinion - in addition to being functional, it's also a conversation starter because it actually gurgles. $99
9. Wine charms are a must as well, so you don't use more wine glasses than necessary (and to avoid passing germs). I made a set of these leather tassel charms that I use all the time - check out the tutorial here. Approximately $13
10. This pretty gold cocktail shaker from West Elm will add a bit of glamour to your bar cart: $39