This winter, I'm sticking to my two neutrals: black and white. But, I want touches of glitter and natural elements added to the mix! As much as I love to go out and shop for new holiday decor, it's always nice to come up with ways to create those pieces in the comfort of your own home.
- Vase or other glass vessel
- Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush
- Spray bottle filled with 1/2 water, 1/2 Vinegar solution
- Natural sponges
- Foam brush
1. Clean your glass vase to get rid of any grime or dirt.
2. Paint a thin layer of your Metallic Lustre over the entire glass surface. Do not let it dry completely.
3. Spray your entire glass surface with the water and vinegar solution.
4. Using a sponge, gently dab and smear the solution into your Metallic Lustre to create that mercury effect. Continue until you have the desired look. Allow to completely dry before use. Repeat for other vases.
I love the simplicity of this project. It allows you time to play around with the look, so you don't feel rushed and pressured to finish within a quick time frame as you might have to do with spray paint. These pretty faux mercury vases are great for displaying plants or lighting candles to get that luminous glow this coming holiday! You can choose any metallic you like - copper is totally on trend, but golds and silvers are also just as popular during the Christmas season. Most of all, your home will certainly feel light, bright and inviting!