IKEA is often thought of as solely a furniture retailer, but they have so much more than just furniture... and many of their pieces lend themselves to entertaining. And with the holidays sneaking up on us, I thought I'd share some clever IKEA hacks that would be perfect for your next gathering. Keep reading to check out ten of my favorite hacks for entertaining.
1. The Ung Drill frame makes a perfect chalkboard... use it to point people in the right direction as shown above, or write the menu on it. Just paint the interior section with chalkboard spray paint. [Photo: Lauren Scotti]
5. Here's another great use for the Ung Drill frame... a photo booth prop! [Photo: Style Me Pretty]
6. And if you have a hashtag for your event, make one of these out of the Tolsby frame. [Photo: Rebecca Arthurs]
8. This isn't much to look at, but it sure is genius. Underneath this tray are six ice packs - together, they create a serving tray that will keep buffet items cold! Check out the instructions here. [Photo: IKEA Hackers]
10. This straw bunting was not technically designed as an IKEA hack, but IKEA sells straws... so it could be. And it would look so cute above the buffet at thanksgiving! Check out the tutorial here. [Photo: Smile and Wave]