Photo: Up to Date Interiors
Crafting doesn't have to be expensive. Sure, you can blow half a paycheck on specialty crafting products, but you don't
have to. There are plenty of usable materials right in your backyard! Here are ten of our favorite virtually free fall decor ideas that utilize found items from the great outdoors.
1. Make a beautiful paperweight or doorstop using a rock and a stencil...
here are the instructions. [Photo: Design Improvised]
2. This charming willow branch wreath would be a lovely addition to any door or mantel. Get the tutorial
here. [Photo: Sugar & Charm]
3. Paint a leaf gold and use it as part of a place setting. Read more
here. [Photo: Christina Williams]
4. This sliced branch placemat is really quite stunning... find out how to make your own
here. [Photo: eHow]
5. Homemade potpourri is a great way to utilize those pretty fall flowers. Get the tutorial
here. [Photo: Free People]
6. Gilded ferns make a beautiful (and super easy) centerpiece. Learn how to do it
here. [Photo: Lately With Katie] You can buy a clear Growler for around $20.
7. Take advantage of all those pretty leaves that are starting to fall with this pretty wall hanging...
here's the tutorial. [Photo: It Girls]
8. Or you could make a pretty garland out of pinecones... get the how-to
here, or buy for $20. [Photo: Bebehblog]
9. Birch logs with candles make for a gorgeous centerpiece - find out how to recreate this look
here, or buy from Etsy for ~$20. [Photo: Everyday Enchanting]
10. Decorate the front door (or any door, really) with one of these pretty painted pinecone swags. Get the tutorial
here, or buy for $20-$50 [Photo: Up To Date Interiors]