If you’re anything like me, you may have spent the last few months drooling over the luxurious materials that have been so popular on Pinterest lately. Sadly these high-end looks come with a high-end price tag and I've never been able to justify splurging on a marble side table or shiny gold accessories.
Until now, that is! As it turns out, with a few hacks you can easily get that luxe look for less - click through for nine clever ways to bring a little chic to your decor.
1. I might not have the funds to splurge on gold accessories, but I can certainly afford the mylar needed to make this tray (via Homey Oh My).
2. All you need is a little contact paper to turn plain desks into beautiful marble side tables (via Kristi Murphy).
3. Make statement pieces like these faux marble candle holders (via Design Sponge) with just a bit of clay!
4. Use spray paint to achieve a textured stone finish like in this pretty pebble candle holder project (via The Lovely Drawer).
5. If you're a copper fan, you'll love this tape DIY - take a look at how easy it was to add a copper gleam to these planters (via Homey Oh My).
6. Malachite is stunning isn't it? And while the real deal may be out of my budget, I'm definitely going to try getting the look using this clever fabric trick (via One King's Lane).
7. Why not get those glass paints out to make yourself a colourful stained glass window (via A Beautiful Mess).
8. Exposed brick is beautiful but if you’re a renter and can’t make changes to your walls, don’t despair - you can get the look without the hassle using wallpaper (via Fall for DIY).
9. Okay, maybe wood isn’t an expensive finish per say, but if you’re not comfortable with wrangling large pieces of timber to make a bed head, try using fabric instead (via Craft Hunter)!