I don't have a lot of tree cover in my backyard, so I've been in hot pursuit of a way to create shade... and I thought I'd share my findings with you in case you're in the same boat! Keep reading to check out ten of my favorite DIY ways to create backyard shade.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. These sheer curtains would add a magical touch to any yard. Get the tutorial here. [Photo: Sunset]
2. Head over here to find out more about this pretty fabric awning. [Photo: vtwonen]
3. This gorgeous fabric shade is held up by vintage milk jug containers. Learn how to make your own here. [Photo: Bright Bold Beautiful]
4. A wooden pergola would be a pretty addition to any patio. Find out how to make one here. [Photo: DIY Network]
5. This patio cover idea uses lattice to add an interesting touch. Get the tutorial here. [Photo: Kenarry]