Photo: Running With Scissors
Outdoor lighting can be pricey, whether you're shopping at discount stores or not... so why not get creative and make some pieces yourself? You'll save a little cash and have the most original lighting on the block. Keep reading to check out ten of our favorite DIY outdoor lighting projects.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. These colorful yarn string lights are a great way to use up that leftover wool your have in your craft closet.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Pocketful of Dreams]
2. Create one of these quick outdoor marquee letters to dress up your porch. Get the instructions
here. [Photo: Tatertots & Jello]
3. Recycle all those wine bottles you have lying around by creating a few of these torches. Get the tutorial
here. [Photo: Design*Sponge]
4. These tabletop torches are great too... find out how to make them
here. [Photo: Sugar and Charm]
5. Give your plain old solar lights a makeover with
this cedar path light tutorial. [Photo: Build-Basic]
6. Recycle your tin cans using
this fun lantern tutorial. [Photo: Grow Creative]
7. Tuna cans also make great lights... find out how to make this beautiful hurricane lamp
here. [Photo: In My Own Style]
8. Or you could take the rustic route with these charming citronella candles.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Garden Therapy]
9. Tiki torches would add a festive vibe to your backyard... get the simple instructions for these
here. [Photo: Adventures In Making]
10. These solar lights add a unique touch to this fenced in backyard.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Running With Scissors]