Hashtags. They’re everywhere. And now, you can use ’em in your decor, too! This super easy project will make a fun addition to your office or kitchen. Or living room. Or entryway. And the best part? It’s dry erase so it can be changed depending on your mood. Click through for a full photo tutorial.
The hashtag is behind a piece of glass to keep it protected, but the message is written on the surface of the glass using a dry erase marker… so you can customize it according to the space in which it’s hanging.
So let’s get started.
1. Here’s what you’ll need for the project:
– An old frame (mine was 8″x20″)
– A piece of paper that’s larger than your frame
– A glue stick
– Gold wire
– Wire cutters
– Paper, pens and markers to make your hashtag (not pictured)
– Dry erase marker (not pictured)
2. Start by creating your hashtag. I sketched mine with a pencil first, then colored it in with a magenta marker. Once the ink dried, I covered parts of it with gold paint pen and a regular black ink pen.
3. Next, cut out your hashtag.
4. Disassemble the frame and place the backing on your large piece of paper. Trace around it and then cut it out. Use a glue stick to adhere the hashtag to the left side of the paper.
5. Place it on top of the frame backing, making sure that the hook or hanger on the frame backing is positioned on top so you can easily hang it up. Wrap the gold wire tightly around one side of the frame as shown above and twist the ends on the back to secure it. Trim the ends with your wire cutters.
6. Repeat the process on the other end… and you’re finished!
7. Now use a dry erase marker to write your word of choice on the glass.
I hung mine up over my desk so I wrote the word “create,” but I might try it in the kitchen and change the word to “eat.” I could also envision it in the entryway with the word “welcome.” Be creative!