With all the plants I’ve been adding to our home, it’s getting a little expensive to obtain all these pots and planters I’ve been eyeing. So, I decided to transform a typical wooden bowl from the discount store into a modern plant stand to give these guys a home with style.
- Wooden Bowl
- Adhesive Vinyl
- Table legs and Hardware (I got mine from a thrifted side table)
1. Begin tracing out long slender triangles onto the back of your adhesive vinyl.
2. Cut your triangles out carefully as you can.
3. Take off the backing of your vinyl and carefully begin to place the triangles onto your wooden bowl. I chose several colors and worked around to form a modern design!
4. Attach the hardware to the bottom of the bowl using a screwdriver and simply screw in the legs.
5. Place your plant into the bowl and enjoy! (I recommend leaving the plant in the plastic planter instead of planting directly into the bowl to avoid rot or wood damage)
I love how minimal this planter is! The wood and metal make a great pair, since the wood is so dark and the steel really balances it all out quite nicely. The color and geometric touches really put a modern spin on the overall piece! I chose vinyl so that if ever I grow tired of the colors or design, I can simply remove them and choose to paint or try another pattern using vinyl again. The possibilities are truly endless for making this piece really personal and unique, don’t you think?!