As a plant lover, I am all for the latest big tropical leaf trend you might see popping up in design and fashion lately! It's fresh, vibrant and celebrates the beauty of nature into every day life. I've been trying to find unique ways to incorporate this look in our home and decided to try something a little unexpected by creating a playful tropical leaf side table!
- Scroll saw, handheld jig saw, or coping saw
- Table legs and Hardware (I removed the legs from a thrifted table, but you can find legs at most hardware stores)
- Spray paint
- Spray lacquer
1. Begin sketching out your foliage onto the plywood using a pencil. Use an image search engine to find an awesome shape. Feel free to print something out if you don't trust your freehand skills.
2. Using a scroll saw (or jig saw, or manual coping saw) cut out your shape carefully following your pencil as a guide, staying to the outside of the line. Sand and wipe excess dust with cloth. Set aside.
3. Sand your legs and wipe clean with damp cloth.
4. Spray paint your legs with any color of your choosing. Allow to dry between coats. Set aside.
5. Spray your table top with lacquer and allow to dry. Attach the legs using a screwdriver.
This is such a great statement piece for any room in the home. How fun would it be to create three different types of foliage and use them as nesting tables?! The natural top with the colorful legs adds an even more playful look to the piece. You can have so much fun with this project by experimenting with shape, size and color!