Photo: My Poppet
Anybody who likes to sew probably has lots of fabric scraps lying around... I know I do. So I thought it would be fun to share some creative ways to use that leftover material. Here are ten genius ways to use up your pile of fabric scraps.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. Cover a book or a journal in a colorful piece of material... no sewing involved.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Two Twenty One]
2. Upcycle a couple of plastic grocery bags and a piece of fabric to create one of these fantastic reusable snack pouches. Learn how
here. [Photo: Happy Hour Projects]
3. Make a few scented sachets for your drawers using
this tutorial. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
4. This interesting technique uses up all those teeny tiny pieces of fabric. Read about it
here. [Photo: Just Jude]
5. Make a colorful key fob using
this simple tutorial. [Photo: Crazy Little Projects]
6. Here's another car-related project... a garbage bag! Get the instructions
here. [Photo: A Ditchin' Time Quilts]
7. If you're into yoga, give these easy yoga mat carrying straps a try.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Design Fixation]
8. Make a colorful magnetic alphabet using
these instructions. [Photo: Balancing Home]
9. These cute little bookmarks couldn't be easier to make... find out more
here. [Photo: Woods of Bell Trees]
10. And last but not least - make a roll of this colorful fabric rope using
this tutorial. [Photo: My Poppet]