Photo: My Poppet
Anybody who likes to sew probably has lots of fabric scraps lying around... I know I do. So I thought it would be fun to share some creative ways to use that leftover material. Here are ten genius ways to use up your pile of fabric scraps.
1. Cover a book or a journal in a colorful piece of material... no sewing involved.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Two Twenty One]
2. Upcycle a couple of plastic grocery bags and a piece of fabric to create one of these fantastic reusable snack pouches. Learn how
here. [Photo: Happy Hour Projects]
3. Make a few scented sachets for your drawers using
this tutorial. [Photo: Martha Stewart]
4. This interesting technique uses up all those teeny tiny pieces of fabric. Read about it
here. [Photo: Just Jude]
5. Make a colorful key fob using
this simple tutorial. [Photo: Crazy Little Projects]
6. Here's another car-related project... a garbage bag! Get the instructions
here. [Photo: A Ditchin' Time Quilts]
7. If you're into yoga, give these easy yoga mat carrying straps a try.
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: Design Fixation]
8. Make a colorful magnetic alphabet using
these instructions. [Photo: Balancing Home]
9. These cute little bookmarks couldn't be easier to make... find out more
here. [Photo: Woods of Bell Trees]
10. And last but not least - make a roll of this colorful fabric rope using
this tutorial. [Photo: My Poppet]