Store-bought boxes and bins can be prohibitively expensive if you're trying to get organized on a budget, but that's no excuse - there are plenty of DIY storage container projects that won't break the bank (and they're pretty, too!). Here are ten of my favorites.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
1. Make a set of colorful drawer organizers using
this tutorial. [Photo: I Heart Organizing]
2. Crochet a couple of these beautiful storage baskets using leftover bits of yarn.
Here's the free pattern. [Photo: 1 Dog Woof]
3. Here's another gorgeous
basket tutorial. [Photo: Ceci-Bean]
4. Rolling storage containers are super versatile... find out how to make these
here. [Photo: Woman's Day]
reversible fabric box could be used in the nursery - or the office, or the living room, and the list goes on. [Photo: Haberdashery Fun]
6. Turn an old crate into a vintage style rolling storage bin using
this tutorial. [Photo: Liz Marie Blog]
7. Tin cans could be upcycled to create one of
these fun utensil organizers. [Photo: HGTV]
8. Coffee containers can be reused too... read more about these DIY kitchen storage containers
here. [Photo: Our Daily Ideas]
9. Make this nautical box out of an empty kitty litter container (you could apply the same technique to another type of box, too).
Here's the tutorial. [Photo: The Kim Six Fix]
10. These boxes look high end - but they're dirt cheap to make! Check out the directions
here. [Photo: Hometalk]